Is this a real US army Omega?

Hello my friends, I saw this watch today and it is listed for 1600 USD. I did some research online and the serial number seems to be correct. I need to hear some advice from military omega experts. Thank you very much!
image_editor_1701710352197.jpg image_editor_1701710364605.jpg image_editor_1701710371380.jpg image_editor_1701710375017.jpg image_editor_1701710381992.jpg

Are these spring-bars and are these numerals painted or radium 😕

This looks authentic to me. However, the movement has signs of rust and damage to plating near the balance.

Dial is better than average. Depends on price.
gatorcpa

That seller seems to have interesting watches. Can you share a link?

That seller seems to have interesting watches. Can you share a link?
I found the listing, I’ll send you a pm.

Dial is better than average. Depends on price.
Just over $1,500 usd
Edited:

I found the listing, I’ll send you a pm.

Just over $1,500 usd

How did u manage to fins the listing? I found it in a Chinese app which doesn't have a web application. I guess the watch is also listed somewhere else?

How did u manage to fins the listing?
I have my ways 😉😗
I guess the watch is also listed somewhere else?
Nope
I found it in a Chinese app which doesn't have a web application.
I found the listing on the Chinese app

I have my ways 😉😗

Nope

I found the listing on the Chinese app
Is there a way to get the link to the listing? If so O can also share the link in my post when I find any other interesting watch.

Is there a way to get the link to the listing? If so O can also share the link in my post when I find any other interesting watch.
I unfortunately can’t help as don't know how. Maybe another member well versed in this app can help. I’m good at finding things… I could determine the app you used from the watermarks in the images, and once inside the app it was easy for me to find the listing. However, beyond that, I can’t navigate the app, sorry. All I have is this screenshot of the listing.
IMG_5814.jpeg

I unfortunately can’t help as don't know how. Maybe another member well versed in this app can help. I’m good at finding things… I could determine the app you used from the watermarks in the images, and once inside the app it was easy for me to find the listing. However, beyond that, I can’t navigate the app, sorry. All I have is this screenshot of the listing.
IMG_5814.jpeg

That's really magical! You can read Chinese? You must be a PHD in online research!

You can read Chinese?
Not at all haha. I was relying on my iPhones built in translating tool, which is subpar, but helped me get by for this. *Apologies for detailing your thread.

back to the OP:

this watch is seriously real down to the case sub-ref. 2179 / 3
/3
is the most common sub-ref. for the U.S. Army marked cases I have found in my research.
Hard to tell if the price is OK given the overall condition of the watch. The dial is much better than average though...
Try to negotiate it down to 1200 and then go for it.

I would check the radium on the numbers and hands. If there is nothing left: Pass.

One thing to be aware of, though perhaps you are already: these WWII era watches were tiny by today’s standards. This one is 35mm, if I’m not mistaken.

Just to clarify, I'm not interested in this particular watch for my own collection. I found it a bit interested because I saw the same models were being listed and auctioned for around 5-10K USD. If the watch only worth 1k+, then I will not be interested in it anymore.

Just to clarify, I'm not interested in this particular watch for my own collection. I found it a bit interested because I saw the same models were being listed and auctioned for around 5-10K USD. If the watch only worth 1k+, then I will not be interested in it anymore.
If you think it's worth more than $5k, you should definitely buy it. Trust your judgement and your research.

If you think it's worth more than $5k, you should definitely buy it. Trust your judgement and your research.
Lol, if I do that I guess I will go bankruptcy tomorrow.

Lol, if I do that I guess I will go bankruptcy tomorrow.

Story of my collecting life, lol

I would check the radium on the numbers and hands. If there is nothing left: Pass.
Yes, as I said above: Radium(if) is the game-changer