Is this 60s-70s Omega Seamaster De Ville dial an authentic or fake?

Hi all,

Happy to join this community.

I have a question please.
For the more knowledgeable I guess.

I am the hopefully futur ex owner of this Omega watch and to me it was an authentic one until someone pointed out that he was not sure this half red dial had already existed and that it should be a fake one.

jppl6p

Can someone help please ?

Thank you

Frédéric

Might not be fake but a redial at least. To my limited knowledge black dials are already very rare let alone a bright red half dial

I can't make the indices but are they lumed. If they're not I'm also concerned about the "T" around "Swiss Made"

Genuine watch. Refinished dial

The watch is real but the dial has been repainted. Has a significant negative impact on value so don’t overpay

Thank you for the inputs.
But it looks so real... not "repainted" 😀 for sure.
How would it be possible that fake dials were produced?

It's not a fake dial, but it has been refinished to it's present state.

Thank you for the inputs.
But it looks so real... not "repainted" 😀 for sure.
How would it be possible that fake dials were produced?

Your fender gets damaged. Dents get taken out. Damaged painted area stripped to bare metal and repainted, but still the original fender.

Your dial paint may have been damaged. Stripped to the bare metal and repainted. Thats how it should work

Your dial was repainted with a big red dot to attract more attention rather than stay original to the factory design

The metal dial is genuine. Just the painted surface is different. No different than changing the paint color of a car or a room in a house

You bought it as you liked the dial, so keep it as is.