Introduction Post

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce my myself and hope to be welcomed into “Omega land” :).
So to start, I’m a pretty big Tudor fan as I own the Black Bay Chrono (White dial), Black Bay Pro GMT, and Black Bay Cermaic.
My holy grail watch like many is, “was” the Rolex Daytona Panda. I’m a huge racing fan especially F1 and having Rolex marketing plastered at every track didn’t help my obsession with that timepiece. BUT, the politics behind obtaining one really set me back, as I can (not to sound like a you know what) but will not pay double MSRP for one.

And then the White face Speedy came out. Honestly I haven’t looked at Omega much in the past as I have been pretty locked on Tudor/Rolex.
I went to look at the white speedy, tried it on and fell in love. I’m a huge white face fan and this thing is just gorgeous. The fit is amazing, better than the Daytona I tried on a AD for my 7.0in wrist. The design is amazing and the movement is mesmerizing to watch, no pun intended.
Long story short, I have no intention of purchasing a Daytona anymore , even though I have the utmost respect for the brand and the timepieces they make.
I could go on but I am thrilled to own this timepiece and won’t look back.
Can’t wait to go on this Omega journey with you all!

IMG_2748.jpeg

Like 10
Love 1
Welcome and congrats on making an outstanding purchase.👍

Like 1
Welcome mate, the Cal 3861 white dial is an awesome pick, probably my favorite modern Speedy dial at the moment after the expensive platinum 321. Any other Omega models you’re keen on?

Like 1
Thank you guys! Yes, this white Speedy IMHO, really has it all. Absolutely love it.

And yes. Of course now I have gone down that rabbit hole lol. The black and white Planet Ocean and 41 MM blue dial aqua terra are definitely on my favorites to get now.

BUT, the politics behind obtaining one really set me back, as I can (not to sound like a you know what) but will not pay double MSRP for one.
Welcome to OF and congratulations on a great buy, enjoy! I visited my OB to only browse without any intention to buy a Speedmaster. However, it was love at first sight and a Hesalite Moonwatch came home with me. However, I too always wanted to own a Rolex Daytona, but for the reasons you articulated it's simply not in the cards at this time.

Like 1
Welcome to OF and congratulations on a great buy, enjoy! I visited my OB to only browse without any intention to buy a Speedmaster. However, it was love at first sight and a Hesalite Moonwatch came home with me. However, I too always wanted to own a Rolex Daytona, but for the reasons you articulated it's simply not in the cards at this time.
Honestly, I loved the Hesalite version as well. The dial on the Hesalite version just looks different, and in a beautiful way.
Im just a sucker for a white dial, and the case dimensions on the Speedmaster is just so wearable.