Forums Latest Members
  1. watchairy Aug 18, 2017

I built this watch from a package of parts and it really looks well put together - the seller originally had a quote from STS for the work but declined due to the costs involved.

I have never seen or heard about this model before until I searched online to a recent sale of another example. Also there is the Foundation Horloger website to reference.

Would I be right in thinking that Foundation Horlogere commissioned these watches?

I thought I would share it here to gather some thoughts and possible idea of its value.

The caliber is the Omega 1012 and it is fully serviced.
    The case is still unpolished with some marks from handling in the past.

The dial is in fantastic condition as well as the hands, although I think I would prefer the seconds hand to be a bit longer.

Maybe somebody here owns another or has even more information they would like to share, especially would like to know what the numerals on the caseback are and also in terms of value, what category of model could I compare it to in the vintage omega lines.

Once I get a chance I will try fit it on a vintage rally strap...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added the crown myself.

[​IMG]

Thank you.

2. spiralkladd Aug 19, 2017

Minimalist..

3. jumpingsecond Aug 19, 2017

Very cool. Reminds me of Nomos. Ive never heard of federation horlogere. Fwiw I would tell people it stands for 'fucking horology!'

It's that cool!

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  4. Kja Aug 19, 2017

That's really nice! Dibs! It is a seamaster, I would think it would command a little less than a sparkle seamaster.. So maybe around $800? I would think.. Would look great on a Milanese omega that's period correct.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 19, 2017

Could it be a student's watch from a watchmaking school?
    gatorcpa

Longbow and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Longbow Aug 20, 2017

Maybe from this place: Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie? Although their logo is HH, not FH.

The case looks like an Omega 168.022, the caseback perhaps machined to remove the central Seamonster medallion. Interesting that a Caliber 1012 is in there, I have only seen 564s and 751s. I wonder what else would fit? Dropping in an ETA 2678 (if it fits) would make a nice project watch.

Good reference for the bracelet:-
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-168-022-arrived.17532/

watchairy likes this.