inherited this nice watch but dont know much about accept theres numbers on it 1498/840

i inherited this omega speedmaster professional from a good friend who passed away a few yrs back i thought about taking to jewler in my home town to sell but im not sure i wanna see it .I might want to fix it doenst run and has some minor flaws

best find a good watchmaker to service it.

It looks like a 90's Speedmaster, so not a massively valuable vintage piece - but desirable & a great watch to wear.

If it doesn’t run, get a quote to repair it and then decide. From the photo it looks like a 1970s ref. 145.022-74 but it looks like the bezel may have been replaced in the 90s. Not particularly exotic/valuable relatively speaking but if it has sentimental value…
Edited:

i inherited this omega speedmaster professional from a good friend who passed away a few yrs back i thought about taking to jewler in my home town to sell but im not sure i wanna see it .I might want to fix it doenst run and has some minor flaws
Please don’t think I’m insulting you. Have you gently tried to wind the watch? It’s a manual wind watch no battery or rotor to wind it automatically when you wear or gently rotate the watch in your hand. Only way to get it going is wind it with the centre crown. If you pull the crown out can you adjust the time setting? Again very gently as you have no Idea of the movements current state.