Forums Latest Members
  1. incursore61 Jun 15, 2016

Good morning, I would ask you experts if this dial is correct on this case, or whether they existed models seamaster mark III.
    I've had only seen a few but the dial was blue and not gray like this ..

seamaster mark III grey dial.jpg
  2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 15, 2016

Edited Jun 15, 2016
  3. incursore61 Jun 15, 2016

tank's !!!

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 15, 2016

5. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 15, 2016

The configuration pictured was featured in Marco Richon's A Journey Through Time, the most authoritative source on vintage Omegas. So it is certainly acceptable. However, that book isn't immune from redials, fakes, typos, and errors. And the dials on cal. 1040 watches are compatible across references. The 176.002 is a common case, and that silver Seamaster dial is commonly seen on the 176.007. So to me there are two possibilities:

1. The watch is a legit, original, and rare Seamaster cased in a 176.002, just like the one in AJTT.
    2. The watch originally had a Speedmaster Mark III dial, and it has been swapped out at service sometime in the last 45 years or so (either intentionally or unintentionally).

Proving which scenario is going on here would require ordering an Extract from the Archives - and even that might be inconclusive. (A third possibility is that AJTT/Richon are wrong about this dial being a correct variant for the case.) My personal opinion is that the configuration is legit until proven otherwise, based on the credibility of AJTT. But it's a sliding scale and because it would be so easy to make a swap when confronted with an individual watch of this combination I generally assume it's a swap until proven otherwise.

Confusing, and perhaps contradicting myself, I know. Put another way, perhaps Omega made some like that but that doesn't mean every time you see one it is 100% factory original.

6. incursore61 Jun 18, 2016

Very tank's my friends !,!

7. incursore61 Jul 3, 2016

[​IMG]

8. incursore61 Dec 12, 2023

I had a strong doubt, in the photo above, where the two watches are compared, the Speedmaster on the left and the Seamaster on the right, the hour hand on the Speed is white... is this correct? or should it be blue?
    thanks again everyone

9. incursore61 Dec 12, 2023

10. incursore61 Jan 31, 2024

Friends, I bring up this discussion to ask if the white houre hand on this Speedmaster III of mine is correct....I see many others that are blue and I believe that mine is NOT correct....Where can I find a correct blue hand ?? Thank you all !

omega 1.jpg