Forums Latest Members

Info on an old Rolex by only the serial number

1. RevZMan123 Nov 14, 2022

As I've stated in previous threads, I inherited a watch from my dad that he got new from Rolex in 1995. I know this because I have papers from the company stating that this was a replacement watch from the infamous Brinks Truck robbery. Sadly, the only info they supply in the letter is the old serial number releasing them from any future legal blah blah blah.

Is there a way I can find out more about what the specific watch was at the time from said serial number? I've seen a couple stolen Rolex registry websites but they require a payment. Has anyone done this and come up successful?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. janice&fred Nov 14, 2022

You might be better off asking people who knew your dad to describe the Rolex he owned. That would narrow down the model choices I would guess.

3. RevZMan123 Nov 14, 2022

Dad passed in Feb 2018 then Mom passed in March 2021, I had some photos but many were lost when their basement flooded in Ida last year. The one I'm thinking of is either right before or right after the incident and it looks like it might have been a gmt master, considering the replacement was a 16713 and in my dad's handwriting it says "black dial military style" to explain the one he wanted, it could be either.

Found a cool shot of me in his lap but the polaroid in question is terrible quality. Could be any silver/black watch. I'll keep digging. THANKS!

4. RevZMan123 Nov 14, 2022

This has to be 1985 or so?

PXL_20221114_190822043.PORTRAIT.jpg

bikerfox and DaveK like this.