Forums Latest Members
  1. Callumaburton Dec 28, 2013

Hi all,
    im very new here, i would like some info on a watch I have, like what year it is and anything else you can tell me.

what I can tell you is, it was my grandads watch who passed away about 4 years ago. he loved this watch and wore it every day, he always used to have a stainless steel beads of rice braclet on it until near the end of his life he broke it, and replaced it with a horrible cheap bracelet. After 4 years of it sitting in a drawer I decided to get it serviced and repaired. Now I'm looking for a beads of rice bracelet to put back on it, to return it to the watch my grandad used to wear as it means a lot to me! Oh and another thing, I have been told that the sheike of Bahrain bought this for my grandad, which is quite cool. Here is a pic of the watch and many thanks; image.jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 28, 2013

I think that watch is a "hidden crown" model,
    Ref. 168.(0)004:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database?ref=14650

Black pie-pan dials like yours are considered the most collectible style. Gold tone beads-of-rice bracelets do show up on eBay quite often, but you need to do some more research as to which end pieces are correct for the watch.

If you can find your grandfather's broken bracelet, you could likely salvage those parts, since they are difficult to find. The bracelet will not fit the watch without them and could damage the case.

Maybe someone here has the correct bracelet and can share pictures and part numbers.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. Callumaburton Dec 28, 2013

Thank you, this does help a bit. it's also good to know it is most collectable, now I need to do the research to find the bits I need to fit the bracelet. Hopefully someone here will see this and shed some light on this.

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Dec 28, 2013

Hands look too long.

dsio likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Dec 28, 2013

Fixed that to reflect your copyright on that phrase.

dsio and LouS like this.