Forums Latest Members
  1. Cjpnyc Apr 7, 2015

Back in November i purchased the new seamaster 300. Its not easy to shell out over 5k for a watch, but i went for it. I love the watch everything has been perfect until this weekend. I took the watch out of a draw where its normally stored and went to adjust the time. As i am adjusting the the crown just pops loose. The crown was completely seperated from the watch. I was and still am in complete disbelief. This wasnt a watch i wore everyday and beat the heck out of- i really have no idea what to think. I have experience with nicewatches, i also own a rolex sub, and a seamaster pro...
    Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I will be taking it to Omega and im sure they will cover it under warranty but at this point i'm not sure I even want the thing anymore.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2015

I wouldn't worry all that much, they'll definitely solve it under warranty for you and its an extraordinarily uncommon thing to have happen on a new SM300. Sometimes freak occurrences do just happen I'm afraid.

VetPsychWars likes this.
  3. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Apr 7, 2015

Jep => So keep your head high, they will definitely solve it under warranty for you :)
    This could happen sometimes, but will not happen again at your watch, be sure!

VetPsychWars likes this.
  4. Tomas Eriksson Apr 7, 2015

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 7, 2015

I see the problem... the crown has come off. Annoying to be sure.

Omega will fix it under warranty, and should be good as new.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 7, 2015

Throw that thing away!!! I know a recycling center that is great for the environment, I'll PM you the address. I'm so concerned about the north pole melting I'll even pay for shipping!

In all honesty, please don't freak out too much, it's obviously an anomaly otherwise the Internet would be plagued with accounts and there would be a recall. It happens to all brands of all products from cars to hamburgers, that's why they have a warranty!!

As an aside, just curious, did you have a tendency to wind or adjust time while wearing it? It still doesn't justify the break but sometimes the angle can stress the crown.

7. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2015

Crowns fall off, AR coating gets scratched, bezels pop off, clasps don't lock...... in short, shit happens and this time it happened to you. ;) Send it in under warranty and remember that none of your family members were mortally wounded because of this inconvenience.

flw and Nobel Prize like this.
  8. shane0mack Apr 7, 2015

Sharp eye you've got there. ;)

9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 7, 2015

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428408667.223509.jpg

repoman, flw and noelekal like this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 7, 2015

Not quite so obvious actually - the itself crown has come apart, not just come off. Not common, but I have had it happen on a few Omega crowns - some brand new crowns right out of the package.

Should be covered under warranty.

Cheers, Al

11. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 7, 2015

Just to add my small voice to the rest... yes, it happens. One out of ten thousand will fail and you're the guy who "won the lottery"". They will fix it and it will be fine for many years.

Tom

12. nmttd2 Apr 8, 2015

That's an easy fix. 2 weeks or so and it will come back to you good as new. Stop by an Omega boutique with your warrnanty card and they will ship it out for you to the repair center. I've seen a $200,000+ Blancpain w/carrousel crown pop off.. it happens to the best of them.

13. yinzerniner Apr 8, 2015

Just be thankful you didn't go in the water with the crown loose or removed; THAT would have been a disaster. So consider yourself somewhat lucky....

14. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 8, 2015

I'll take it.

15. Traveler Apr 8, 2015

I had the crown fall out on my 'Brosnan' SM300 about 10 years ago - naievely I sent it back to Omega and it came back about 9 months later with a massive bill. I had the same thing happen on my 1967 SM300 a couple of weeks ago - this time I just jammed it back on myself - seems to be OK, but you can only set the time winding backwards :confused: