Forums Latest Members

in hunt for ploprof, need advice

1. jordanrules Nov 15, 2020

Hello, i am new here. I own a blue tokyo speedy 2020.

Im in the hunt for a ploprof. My OB only has a titanium version, but i like having a date. However, it is hard to find a date ploprof that is new. Lastly, hard to find the titanium ones at a discount from a gray. Any advice? I think in the end, i will end up with a titanium, but my OB doesnt discount.

Secondly, im looking for feedback on whether or not people are enjoying the ploprof. I have several divers from rolex and tudor, but would like to consider adding this one.

2. Jeeper Nov 16, 2020

Jordanrules , where are you based?

I purchased a Ploprof titanium on a whim in January 2020 without even realising it had no date. For the first month or so it was infuriating but eventually you just adapt.

I absolutely love it, the bracelet & clasp are fantastic, it wears so much smaller than you would think. Also I got a great deal on it, 30% off. I know that the AD had it in stock for over 1 year, so that probably helped.

In light of the recent 6.5% price increase & the fact that this is not one of the more popular models (they need get it to do a scene in a bond movie) I would imagine you could could find an AD with a pre increase item in stock & I would think a total 20%+ (total) should be acheivable.

I hope my ramblings & rationale have not been too tedious.

Good luck & I hope you enjoy if you take the plunge..

Jeeper

Edited Nov 16, 2020
    MtnMarine likes this.
  3. Jeeper Nov 16, 2020

Edited due to predictive text

4. Malum Nov 16, 2020

Another watch I have been interested in for years . I would prefer the titanium considering it’s size , but also want date function . I think that is what keeps me on the fence .

5. rohada Nov 19, 2020

I really like the date function, though I can't see it any longer without reading glasses. Took delivery of my used steel Ploprof a day ago. Amazing condition. It's big, but I do love the look. I get it, it's not for everyone, but it works for me. Nice complete set with book, cards, hangtags, and all boxes. Keeping it for the long haul.
    Omega Ploprof.jpg

Edited Nov 20, 2020
  6. Malum Nov 19, 2020

Congratulations ! That watch is a monster , love it . I also cannot see the date without my readers but can still tell the time .

7. jordanrules Nov 19, 2020

how is steel vs titanium

8. rohada Nov 19, 2020

Here's my experience, FWIW. I tried a titanium one on at the NYC OB a few years back and it is noticeably lighter than the steel version (much like my titanium/rose gold diver is noticeably lighter than my steel diver), but you're still talking small numbers in actual weight, at least that's my perception from the seat of my wrist, so to speak. For me, the weight of the steel isn't as intimidating as the shear size of the watch. I've caught my other smaller Omegas on door frames more than once, so I'm trying to get used to a watch that stands higher off the surface of my wrist than my other watches. The weight, in and of itself, is not wearing me out. Hope this helps.

Edited Nov 19, 2020
  9. Jeeper Nov 20, 2020

Enjoy your new watch.

forget Hippocampus it is a true Leviathan.

Jeeper

10. dinexus Nov 20, 2020

It's not been a daily driver for me, but it's absolutely a hell of a watch.

I love mine.

[​IMG]

Dor_42 likes this.
  11. Jeeper Nov 20, 2020

12. Ian_km Nov 20, 2020

Really need to try one of these at some point, not seen one in the metal as yet.