Forums Latest Members
  1. dstfno May 12, 2021

I just repurchased the Seamaster 300 after getting rid of it a year ago and regretting that decision ever since.

I'm having an issue that I never encountered before and I couldn't find any info on it on the forums. When unscrewing the crown completely it is impossible to wind the watch properly as the crown starts screwing back in. So there is no "neutral" position in which you can wind the watch freely. Only after I pull it into the first position (quick hour change) it doesn't catch the threads and can it be turned indefinitely.

Has anybody encountered such an issue before? And should I report this while the watch is under warranty or will it be fixed when servicing the watch? If it's at all repairable of course.

Since a thread is always more exciting when pictures are included, below the mandatory wristshot for new watch purchases :)
    IMG_3736.jpeg

2. Canuck May 12, 2021

Seems the stem might have been cut a tiny bit too short! How often do you plan on allowing it to run down? If often, then you should have the problem attended to under warranty, pronto.

Archer and dstfno like this.
  3. 140dave May 12, 2021

Yes, report while under warranty. Looks great, btw!

dstfno likes this.
  4. WestCoastTime May 12, 2021

Broken setting lever spring? Does the stem feel like it is latching into detents for winding position / setting position, or does it move in & out sort of indistinctly?

dstfno likes this.
  5. gbesq May 12, 2021

Gorgeous watch. Think I prefer it over the new version.

6. dstfno May 13, 2021

Indeed. While I was impatiently anticipating the new version I'm very disappointed with how it came out and couldn't rush to the store fast enough to get the previous generation while it's still available.

Thanks everybody for the feedback!