Forums Latest Members

I'm really content with this watch SPB049J1 enamel - thoughts

1. Oyaoik Aug 12, 2021

So I decided to pick up another Seiko besides of SKX0009. Something in this old-world-look and tonneu shaped case caught my attention. It kinda resemblences a retro television.

Overall I like the look and feel of the watch. The enamel dial is outstanding, dial print really sharp and polishing has been done very well. The little touch of blue on the hand set gives the watch depth. I'm not sure what the diameter of the watch is but with the modest 46 mm lug-to-lug this piece wears incredibly well even on my 6.5 " wrist. The strap happens to be crocodile and the quality is indeed there. I don't mind not having lume or a screw down crown - it is after all a dress watch.

I ended up paying 599 € which is a -57 % off of the retail price for a brand new watch. I think for this price it is a superb piece indeed. It is rather thick boy (13 mm) but it doesn't bother me. Thickness gives the watch even more wrist presence, which I do like. 13 mm still slips unders the sleeve rather easily.

I know that the movement isn't amazing but it is still a seiko workhorse and after all this watch is all about the beautiful enamel dial and an interesting case shape. a Very welcome addition to my collection. Actually this watch has already gotten more compliments from women than any of my Omegas or Rolexes.

Poor mans cartier on steroids?

Seiko1.jpg Seiko2.jpg
    Mediocre likes this.
  2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Aug 12, 2021

This style of watch is really nice. I keep thinking of getting a Longines Evidenza, but they don’t make the Arabic dial version I want without a date window. I’ll happily keep with my 1950 Gruen for now :cool:

B8334D72-61E4-4314-802F-DC841F052329.png

3. Mediocre Aug 14, 2021

The Presage line is still under the radar, but they are nice watches at a serious value!

jB1128 likes this.