Identifying a vintage Omega watch - help please

Hi, my Father has an Omega watch inherited from his brother in 1971 (its his daily wear watch). I have been trying to identify the model, as it has no model name on the dial, just Omega and Automatic, on a champagne-like colour face with a date box at position 3.
Today we have taken the back off and seen the code 166.002 which appears to indicate it's a Seamaster, and on the internals it says SEVENTEEN - 17 Jewels - Unadjusted
I have attached photo of the face, purists, please don't be too aghast at the scratches on the crystal, as I said it is his daily wearer for over 53 years!
Various articles I have read seem to imply that from the introduction of the Seamaster, Omega put the model names on the dial face. I am convinced this is 100% original because of the amount of time he has owned it.
His late brother also left me an original Zodiac Sea Wolf from the 1960s, so wasn't one for adulterating watches either.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks, Gary

the code 166.002 which appears to indicate it's a Seamaster

There is an entry in Omega's vintage watch database for this reference, but you have to use 4 digits for the second part. The Omega database isn't really complete, though.

Various articles I have read seem to imply that from the introduction of the Seamaster, Omega put the model names on the dial face.

Various articles you have read may be wrong. Here, for example, is my 135.003 and the Extract of the Archives describing it as a Seamaster 30.

Omega Seamaster 30 Babele.jpeg

Omega Seamaster 30 EoA.jpeg

I am convinced this is 100% original because of the amount of time he has owned it.

The bracelet does not appear to be original, but presumably you know that.

Like 2
Different markets often offered different dials.

Looks fine. Did you have any specific questions?

It looks like I have found the exact same model being advertised on Ebay. This is being advertised as a rare (only 3,000 approx. made) and the rarity is the 17 jewel movement I believe. My question had been.....is it really a Seamaster if it doesn't have the name on the face, but this seems to support that it could be. Thanks for your responses.
Dad almost threw this away a few years ago!! ::facepalm2::

There has been much dispute over the years as to the number of caliber 560 movements actually made. This movement was specifically made for the American market. Regardless the eBay seller will have their watch for a long time at that asking price, maybe a $400-500 watch.

Like 1
Get it serviced and a crystal polish. Tan or black leather band. Depends on causal or dress