Forums Latest Members
  1. Warmond May 6, 2020

Hi there!

A few months ago I bought this nice dress watch on Catawiki. Longines has informed me, "the serial number 26'336'487 identifies a wristwatch in yellow gold plated bearing the reference 7487. It is fitted with a mechanical self-winding movement, caliber 629. It was invoiced on 4 December 1992 to the company Binda, which was at that time our agent for Italy". I believe it might belong to the Classic collection, Présence line, but I really do not know.

Do you?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

4A3DAFE7-E0B5-473B-A12B-48911D4FD56F.jpeg 86F9854F-FFAA-4E6E-A341-396B3BE58502.jpeg
    Duracuir1 and Mr.Cairo like this.
  2. Vitezi May 6, 2020

Hello @Warmond and welcome!
    Longines is considered, by far, the best at responding to inquiries about watches the company has previously sold, so you already know everything they can tell you about your watch. On this forum, collectors tend to focus on mechanical watches manufactured and sold before the "quartz crisis" of the 1970s, so I am unsure if anyone here knows the more recent collections all that well. A Longines catalog from the early 1990s is probably the best source to answer your question. If no one here can help you, consider keeping an eye on eBay for Longines catalogs and advertising from that period, as they do appear from time to time.

DaveK, Dan S, Warmond and 1 other person like this.