Forums Latest Members
  1. A.Pret Jul 26, 2022

Zapatta likes this.
  2. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jul 26, 2022

The drawings used are stock ones as in: not the actual product. Watch looks legit (and nice). I would have expected a reference in the caseback but maybe the did not do that anymore in the 80/90ies?

3. BarbVl Jul 26, 2022

I have never seen a Solid Gold without marking it..and i did not expect to see an Omega solid gold watch without case back references and and without marks..I am not an expert but for me it's very strange i would suspect a "franken" watch..

Archer likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2022

I agree - given the lack of markings and the case construction (particularly around the crown) I don;t feel certain in saying this is an Omega case. It almost looks like it's home made in some spots.

The matter could be settled by getting an Extract of the Archives from Omega, using photos front and back, and the serial number.

5. A.Pret Jul 26, 2022

Im far from being an expert, im just a watch aficionado but the fit and quality looks what I would expect from Omega. But who knows it could be home made (maybe a prototype?). Im planning to send it to the Omega official service for a full service. Will they also check the reference or that would be an additional service?

Thanks!

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2022

If it's not genuine, they will tell you certainly.

7. webvan Jul 26, 2022

Pretty sure that's not an Omega case...and I've never seen that kind of design anywhere in an Omega reference book.
    As others have written all Omega watches have had a case reference for decades.
    No 18k hallmarks either?
    What was the seller's story about this watch?