Forums Latest Members

Icelandic Scammer Update - Stefan Birgir Stefansson and Magnus Sigurdsson

1. guaranteed.rohu Oct 14, 2019

Hi OF,

I posted earlier of unfortunately getting scammed by an OF user 'dabbispade' in a watch trade. URL:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/scammed-from-iceland.101482/

Subsequently I now have evidence linking this user to a serial watch scammer based in Reykjavik, and to the name Stefan Birgir Stefansson, who has scammed numerous times in recent years on other watch forums. <<< UPDATE: it appears Magnus Sigurdsson, Stefan's cousin, is claiming to be the perpetrator responsible >>>

I have been in discussions with Icelandic police with my evidence for the past month, as well as local Australian police who have been in contact with Interpol.

(Mods please remove if this is inappropriate) I want to be clear I am not claiming to have irrefutable evidence as to the perpetrator of these scams. I do not share Mr Stefansson or Mr Sigurdsson's names lightly on a public forum, and I am sensitive to the damage to his reputation this may cause. However, given the strong links and evidence that is detailed, and that it is important to share this to try and help avoid anybody else getting scammed by this serial scammer. I also know that these at least 1 or both of these 2 perpetrators have been following OF after his account got banned, and no doubt if guilty, will try to deny these claims and continue the lies.

See this in the google drive file linked below with full details of evidence:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/141MfanG6qSUX6xmdJw9Ts15kMXxT4DUI/view?usp=sharing

A shoutout to OF users who have been very very supportive in helping with evidence and support!! It's great to see the community come together to help. Particularly @Taddyangle for providing the key link to the PayPal account, and @Vagante for providing links to other scams!

---

Additional Facts to Call Out: Mail Interference in Scamming

You will notice a common thread across my scam as well as majority of the other victims (see URLs below) is that mails from Magnus/Stefan seem to consistently get delayed. I'm not sure how he/they manage to do this, but I would AVOID ICELANDIC POST if you are getting your stolen watch back. USE DHL/FEDEX/UPS ONLY

--

UPDATE: Magnus Sigurdsson, Stefan's cousin, claims to be the scammer.

---

FYI - I currently can count 13 specific individuals (based on feedback from multiple forums) that this single person(s) Magnus Sigurdsson and Stefan Birgir Stefansson has scammed. I imagine there's at least 20 victims out there minimum. I would not be surprised if the actual number was closer to 30 or 40, however this is only speculation.

Other Scams and victims (4 total on WUS Forums):

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/i-...out-thing87-m%E1ni-skuli-iceland-5050209.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/[help]-cannot-send-private-message-one-user-particular-4974845.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/***scammer-alert***-mstebb-4974937.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/i-dont-really-want-know-but-4944479.html

Replica Watch Forum Scam Victims (multiple):"

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-brig/296042-welcome-to-the-brig-gudbm/page5

SCAMMER FACEBOOK:
    Magnus Sigurðsson: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=561677513

[​IMG]

upload_2020-10-19_17-16-28.png

View attachment 1086885

upload_2020-12-6_19-3-48.png

upload_2020-4-14_23-49-42.png

upload_2020-4-14_23-50-8.png

[​IMG]

---

Some screenshots of police feedback:

upload_2019-10-15_9-45-32.png

upload_2019-10-15_9-39-21.png

upload_2019-10-15_9-52-17.png

Edited Dec 6, 2020
    Pun, Epictetus, chronoboy64 and 21 others like this.
  2. Toishome Oct 14, 2019

I applaud you for all the hard work you have done and your perseverance. Hope you get your money back.

Lonestar, chronos, kov and 5 others like this.
  3. guaranteed.rohu Oct 14, 2019

Thank you! I hope so too, or the watch back

4. penninn Oct 14, 2019

I just PM you

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 14, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to do this -- sounds like you may be the one who finally gets this person shut down.

guaranteed.rohu likes this.
  6. penninn Oct 14, 2019

Stefan had nothing to do with this. I have the watch and will return it to the owner tomorrow via express post, will post all info here, pics and everything.

My name is Magnus Sigurdsson (my real name) and time I get this wrapped up.
    That is why the names were original confused with Markus.

But Stefan has nothing to do with this and unfortunately his name got wrapped in this.

Will put in pic of Id tomorrow to confirm.

The watch will be returned to its rightfully owner tomorrow.

Edited Oct 14, 2019
  7. Walrus Oct 14, 2019

I felt horrible for you when I read you lost such a nice watch. Now that idiot either had it in a collection or more likely sold it. You did some good detective work there very impressive. Your opening letter was written very well and fair. Your experience made me back out of a trade for a watch I had and was offered something very nice in return. I figured why even take a chance. I really hope you get this bastard

8. WYO_Watch Oct 14, 2019

@penninn so you’re the culprit?

I’m beyond confused what you mean by “unfortunately his name [Stefan] got wrapped in this”?!?! It is unfortunate he decided that stealing and cheating was the way to get a nicer watch... :thumbsdown:

I’m all for you taking photos, uploading tracking and returning the watch. Maybe you should also return the watches you (or Stefan) have stolen from dozens of other good intentioned people.

9. guaranteed.rohu Oct 14, 2019

This is the culprit, correct. I got a DM very shortly after I posted this thread. He's saying he will return the watch, but time will tell...

10. guaranteed.rohu Oct 14, 2019

Likewise I am assuming currently until proven otherwise, it is all just a ploy and lie and the person is just this same guy, Mr Stefansson.

jeppehh likes this.
  11. michael22 Oct 14, 2019

This has been going on a while, why haven't you returned the watch ages ago?
    What happened to dabbispade?

12. WYO_Watch Oct 14, 2019

I can at least appreciate the gesture of making it right. I will reserve any additional judgment until the watch is returned. In the meantime, maybe @penninn would like to share how he came into possession of your watch.

The good news is, Stefan or Magnus or whoever at least now knows the gig is up. Which is probably best for the community and for him. Where I’m from, people go to prison for mail fraud...

13. guaranteed.rohu Oct 14, 2019

I'm expecting more lies to be honest, he'll probably just try and delay and buy time with elaborate lies, but more than happy to escalate if required!

14. danielbird193 Oct 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing, this is important and worthwhile.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 14, 2019

::popcorn::

kkt, kelev_ra, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  16. JanV Oct 14, 2019

Pressing the ”Follow” button on top... ::popcorn::

guaranteed.rohu and DaveK like this.
  17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 14, 2019

I need @guaranteed.rohu to make one of those situation boards that the cops on TV use, one with photos of suspects and coloured string between the people/clues/events. The more colours the better.

That'll be the only way I'll be able to figure out who the heck is who!

:confused:

cw.jpg

18. tritto Oct 14, 2019

DELETED

Edit: I've found and reviewed the thread from another forum and I'm not sure it's the same pair. On that basis, I'll withdraw my statement.

Edited Oct 14, 2019
  19. machamp6650 Oct 14, 2019

This is gripping stuff, I'm refreshing the thread every couple of minutes! Great detective work guaranteed.rohu and best of luck getting your watch back!

20. Shabbaz Oct 14, 2019

It means somebody is getting really nervous in Iceland. Not a good idea to scam from this place and think you will get away with it. I will be following this thread with great interest and good luck to everybody that got scammed. Normally I'm not for naming and shaming publicly but in this case I can understand.