Forums Latest Members

I noticed it has been very quite here lately...

1. Dor_42 Nov 30, 2020

Where did schoolboy go?

I've been loosing sleep trying to figure out what will be his next thread regarding his Speedmaster!

@janice&fred did you scare him off?

I tried sending him a PM but he hasn't logged in since Nov 7th...
    I did a short Google search and saw his account (same screen name, also a math teacher so it has to be him) on RF got banned.

P.S.
    Not really loosing sleep over any OF member but I wonder if and why he left.

Walrus likes this.
  2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Nov 30, 2020

??? ::confused2::... Could be all sorts of reasons mate! Reasons that have nothing to do with watch forums!

If he's a maths teacher, he's in a high risk occupation! Locked in a, poorly ventilated, school all day, with class rooms full of spotty, super spreading teenagers, coughing all over him. :eek:

Difficult for him to kick em up the arse from a safe social distance! Very risky these days.::confused2::

That would be enough to distract most people's attention from posting on a watch forum.:thumbsup:

cristos71 and marco like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 30, 2020

It's nice to know you care!

;)

4. Dor_42 Nov 30, 2020

Well, it can change, i just haven't formed any real friendships here yet!;)

5. flw history nerd Nov 30, 2020

Well, I couldn't possibly be your friend ... I teach history, not math :p

Mad Dog likes this.
  6. bgrisso Nov 30, 2020

agreed, it has been quite quite around here these days, perhaps even enough to make one disquieted ;)

rbob99 likes this.
  7. alam Nov 30, 2020

just wait for another watch repair video and things will start moving again :p

Linzer, inchpincher, apsm100 and 6 others like this.
  8. janice&fred Nov 30, 2020

Hey don't blame me I completely avoided all his latest threads once he started that idiotic "Bully" thread and got his ass handed to him by most members. :D

apsm100, 8100_RPM and Dor_42 like this.
  9. dougwhiz Nov 30, 2020

Be careful what you wish for. Earlier this year there was a never ending stream of separate posts from one member asking the same question over and over about radium dial risk. Every few days another iteration with a new title would get posted. I found it comical, yet distracting at the same time. :rolleyes:

Tet, apsm100, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  10. pw92676 Nov 30, 2020

I remember when that started. And then quickly
    derailed. So ridiculous, I’m embarrassed I even contributed.

janice&fred likes this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 30, 2020

Was this my fault? I was pissy for weeks.

Edited Nov 30, 2020
    apsm100, janice&fred, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  12. Walrus Nov 30, 2020

I don’t know I was in three different hospitals and one rehab today. Granted I know there are a number of people here who are surgeons and what not on this forum but with the exception of two weeks during the original lockdown I’ve been doing this all along. This place is an excellent distraction in these times. I’ll take a few minutes at work and look at WRUW and geek out about what people are wearing. It’s very cool to spend some time focusing on something as meaningless as these watches. (That’s not saying watches are without meaning)

Anyway I hope all is well with everything. I know you get used to seeing people posting and when they disappear you do wonder. I keep an eye out for a few people and will send a pm with some nonsensical babble make sure they respond and are ok. There are a lot of pressures being put on people in addition to the fear of covid, I see people getting smashed by that stuff everyday but this to shall pass. Anyway sorry bit of a ramble. Peace be with you

13. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Dec 1, 2020

janice&fred, YY77, Dor_42 and 2 others like this.
  14. YY77 Dec 3, 2020

There's a new kid in town..:whistling:

Zapatta and Dor_42 like this.