I love the Omega service on my 2234 but...

I just got back from the AD after picking up my SMP GMT! I love everything about it except it no longer fits me! When I tried it on at the store for the first time it would have fit my wife not my full 8" wrist, so the associate showed me the ratchet clasp and how it worked. I was amazed as I didn't think it had that clasp when it left me! The clasp is nice but I'm sure it isn't "period correct" and I worry what it does to the value. Any opinions on that? It is now cutting off my circulation even fully extended and I KNOW it didn't do that six months ago. Do I have any recourse with Omega?
20240831_181118.jpg 20240831_181110.jpg

20240831_184431.jpg
Edited:

Definitely not the clap that came with it — I assume whoever you bought it from added it. Or did it go in with the original clap and come back with this? It’s not really clear from your description. Frankly, I would pay a little extra to have that over the original clasp.

As to why it isn’t fitting now, I assume you have used the ratchet to extend it? And it no longer fits? I can’t imagine Omega would have shortened the bracelet during the service by removing a link, but I guess it may be possible if it was damaged and they forgot to add a new one back. If the ratchet is fully extended and it still doesn’t fit, talk to the AD about order a couple of half-links to add to the bracelet (or look in your box and see if you have extra).

Definitely not the clap that came with it — I assume whoever you bought it from added it. Or did it go in with the original clap and come back with this? It’s not really clear from your description. Frankly, I would pay a little extra to have that over the original clasp.

As to why it isn’t fitting now, I assume you have used the ratchet to extend it? And it no longer fits? I can’t imagine Omega would have shortened the bracelet during the service by removing a link, but I guess it may be possible if it was damaged and they forgot to add a new one back. If the ratchet is fully extended and it still doesn’t fit, talk to the AD about order a couple of half-links to add to the bracelet (or look in your box and see if you have extra).
It went with the original clasp (or a replacement of same style) and came back with this one. I personally like this one other than it seems rather "generic" with no model ID imprinted. I wonder if the dimensions differ between this and original style?

Just take it back to the AD and explain. Should be fixed pretty easy.

Better clasp might be a better sell if selling. So wouldn’t worry about that aspect.

Just take it back to the AD and explain. Should be fixed pretty easy.

Better clasp might be a better sell if selling. So wouldn’t worry about that aspect.
I am planning on giving them a call after the holiday to see if a half link can be arranged. Thanks!

I am planning on giving them a call after the holiday to see if a half link can be arranged. Thanks!
Use a whole link and back off the fully extended clasp 😉

It went with the original clasp (or a replacement of same style) and came back with this one. I personally like this one other than it seems rather "generic" with no model ID imprinted. I wonder if the dimensions differ between this and original style?
That’s interesting. Never heard of Omega replacing the older clasp with a new one. Maybe they have started to run out of the old bracelet parts and decided to swap in the new one?

But now I see the issue. Your old clasp was longer than this new one, and the bracelet sized for that. You need another link (or half-link) added. The dealer should be able to order these and do the fix.

Maybe they have started to run out of the old bracelet parts and decided to swap in the new one?

No - the original clasp is still available.