Forums Latest Members

I love my Seamaster with the blue dial, but I also want one with a black dial

1. Keef Richards Aug 26, 2020

As I said I really like my Seamaster with the blue dial. But out of all the watches Omega has I am most interested in buying the same watch but with a Black dial. Buy it with the metal band but also get the black rubber bracelet for it. I love the way it looks. A more elegant look. I also like the black dial with gold as well, but the standard dial with the red in the middle and red tip on the second hand appeals to me the most.

To be honest part of me would love to have a Rolex Submariner but the wait and crazy prices don't make it appealing for me. I can buy a new Seamaster with black dial for half the price of a used Rolex Submariner. Am I crazy to want the same watch in black?

Wetworks likes this.
  2. kip595 Aug 26, 2020

Nope! For a long while I wore a blue midsize and a black full size wave dial (both) and it was just enough difference to keep each fresh each time, even in a small rotation.

Keef Richards likes this.
  3. gbesq Aug 26, 2020

No, you’re not crazy. The black dial is pure class.
    1E2B5056-9B08-4969-B186-286AB869C37D.jpeg

Scooterino36 likes this.
  4. PRW Aug 27, 2020

Yep, it ain't bad!
    IMG_20200827_060841.jpg IMG_20200627_123047.jpg

Tsuttera, Wetworks and steelfish like this.
  5. steelfish Aug 27, 2020

I can definitely get behind you with getting an extra SMP with the different dial colour. I have done that in the past also.

One thing I would say though, if you’ve got a hankering for the sub you’re going to get one eventually so why not just hang on and save/plan for that? You might save some money in the long run.

6. alefar Aug 27, 2020

I think there is another forum member that has all 4 steel colour variations so no, you are not crazy ;):D

Wetworks likes this.
  7. mjb Aug 27, 2020

Nothing wrong with getting another color. I have had several submariners and several Seamasters. Years ago when prices were reasonable (if several thousand dollars can be considered "reasonable" for a normal person) I could justify having one or two subs. Now, with even used ones selling for ridiculous prices... no way.

8. Wetworks Aug 27, 2020

I have sort of the same dilemma, but not really lol. I bought the grey dial at an AD a couple of years ago. My plan walking in was to buy the grey dial, but I tried on the black dial with Sedna gold, and boy it was a close call!!! Still find myself looking at that model whenever I see it for sale.

So yea, getting a different color of the same watch is totally acceptable I feel. :cool:

9. 3rdstringholder Aug 27, 2020

I've owned 3 different Subs, trust me on this....They ain't that big of a deal!