I Can't Be The Only One,

or do other OF members out their various watch purchases from throughout the year at Christmas by wrapping them, placing them under the tree and labeling them to yourself from various family members?

I dunno, I think there are good odds that you are the only one.

I dunno, I think there are good odds that you are the only one.

I was hoping not.

It's a lonely path...

I think that’s just you mate, I’ve never done that lol

It seems to me that this plan could go wrong in many ways.

I did the opposite. I bought my wife men’s wristwatch for Xmas.
She’s not thrill.

Lately I’ve been receiving women handbags on my special occasions.
She’s caught up.

Joke is on her, I can rock the shit out of that Gucci Purse Belt thingy.
Her work xmas party is coming up, Bob has competition this year..
Edited:

Hey good for you! Mr. Howell took all of this cash on a three hour tour, and Ginger digs it! 2EF8B0F4-27CD-48F7-8F21-A50D34B3D6F8.jpeg

It is time for what used to be the annual confessional posts…

Upside: my wife and daughter -mostly- laugh, while our mini-doxie Theo doesn't really understand how he also bought me a watch or two.

Downside: not many unless my wife decides to cost compare the watches against the couple pairs of socks or gloves I bought her.

i pray at least some of your family members are on OF and reading this post ......

or do other OF members out their various watch purchases from throughout the year at Christmas by wrapping them, placing them under the tree and labeling them to yourself from various family members?

That’s bordering on insanity I believe 😁😁
Edited:

2010 to 2017 I would have had to move furniture out of the room if I put all the watches I bought in a year under the tree 😗

I think you’re the only one bro 😝

The real question here is, what watch does Santa wear?

I think he’s a Rolex guy. Vintage GMT Master to match the suit and keep track of all the time zones. Although perhaps a word time or 10 would work better.

I think you’re the only one bro 😝

The real question here is, what watch does Santa wear?

I think he’s a Rolex guy. Vintage GMT Master to match the suit and keep track of all the time zones. Although perhaps a word time or 10 would work better.

Yes, has to be a world timer ... But some crazy custom Jacob and co with 8 tiny reindeer flying around the earth.

Don't forget to post a couple of pictures when this is done: wrapped and unwrapped 😀

And to your question : No. The closest thing I've done is last year when I did put under the tree 3 vintage watches : one to my wife, one to my sister, and one to my step mother... but not for me as I did bought many more watches during the year and would have had to think over which one I should have put as a gift to myself 😀

If you were seriously into doing this to yourself, you would get the missus in on the charade, set her as your ‘shipping address’, let her wrap them without you seeing them, and then opening them all on Xmas day…

I have to come clean -- I have done this for the past three Christmas's as well as my birthdays.
The most brazen I got was doing it also on my wife's birthday - when I tagged the gift to her but inside the wrapping paper was another tag attached to the Omega box that read "Shit, sorry... to your husband, my bad".

Before anyone goes ballistic and thinks I am a complete narcissistic asshole or terrible husband, it's become a running joke/tradition in our house these days.

Wife and Daughter call it "The Dad Tax".
I call it a humorous way to come clean and absolve myself of the guilt of buying watches in light of my wife - who really purchases almost nothing except nail polish and Audible books.

This year's watches are already wrapped & under the tree-
Rolex Explorer to me from The Wife.
Speedmaster Professional 3861 Hesalite to me from The Daughter.
A couple Serica's (which are sorta disappointing) to me from the mother-in-law (fitting & ironic).
My recent acquired Railmaster (which The Wife already knows about) so that'll be from our miniature dachshund Theo.
Omega 300 Heritage sandwich dial from both wife and daughter.
And the soon to arrive Nivada Grenchen Chronomaster Aviator Sea Diver (that they don't know about) which will get wrapped and be a last minute gift idea from The Mrs. to me.

Next year I am aiming for nothing modern and only going vintage ~ if she hasn't offed me before then.

There are much better ways to go about this than pretending your family members gave you watches as presents.

"Hey, what's this on the sofa? ...Looks like Santa must have dropped his #ST2! The clasp probably got caught in the damper when he came down the chimney, and the watch fell off when he walked to the cookie plate. I better put it in my watch box and keep it safe for him until next xmas. ...And hey, what's is this over here? Looks like one of the raindeer dropped his solid gold pie pan. Boy, is he going to be worried when he realizes it's not on his leg anymore. I'll keep this safe as well, as I am sure he will really, really want it back. ...And what is that on the floor over in the corner? It looks like ..."