How to date and value my Omega Speedmaster

Hello everyone, I have (what I think is) a pre-moon Speedmaster, 1969 I think, it doesn't have the 'first watch on the moon' inscription on the back.

I bought the watch (no box and papers) from Watches of Bond St (London) in 1997, i have the receipt and credit card slip. It was serviced by Swiss Time Services Ltd, an approved service partner and is in excellent condition for a 40 odd year old watch and has, what I think is the correct omega steel strap.

The watches serial number is ST1450022 and movement number is 31323374.

Any ideas?

Andy

Take a look at the price chart on Speedmaster101.com. You can also search the sold listings on eBay to see what the same model has sold for.

Around £2500 to £7000 depending on originality and condition.
The website described above is an excellent resource. You can also post pictures here for further info along with checking sold pieces on ebay

Take a look at the price chart on Speedmaster101.com. You can also search the sold listings on eBay to see what the same model has sold for.

Hi, thank you for your response, do you know how I get the reference on the speedmaster101 price chart, do i need to take the back off?

Hi, thank you for your response, do you know how I get the reference on the speedmaster101 price chart, do i need to take the back off?

The reference is 145.022-??. Most likely it is 145.022-69 based on your description. We would really need detailed photos to help you because the value is extremely sensitive to condition and originality, as @Davidt suggested. Replacement parts can immediately knock thousands off the collectible value.

thank you, would you mind if i upload some pictures over the weekend to show you?

Hello everyone, I have (what I think is) a pre-moon Speedmaster, 1969 I think, it doesn't have the 'first watch on the moon' inscription on the back.

I bought the watch (no box and papers) from Watches of Bond St (London) in 1997, i have the receipt and credit card slip. It was serviced by Swiss Time Services Ltd, an approved service partner and is in excellent condition for a 40 odd year old watch and has, what I think is the correct omega steel strap.

The watches serial number is ST1450022 and movement number is 31323374.

Any ideas?

Andy

To date the watch you can use this site:

I Love my Speedmaster

Enter the serial number, and hit submit, and it will give you an estimate of the model, date, and pull some pricing data from Speedmaster 101.