Forums Latest Members

How often do you see ANY nice watch in the wild?

1. wagudc Mar 28, 2019

I live in a rural area and the nicest watches I ever see are modern quartz Seikos or Bulovas. Of course lots of Apple watches, but they have no class.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 28, 2019

Lol I spent an entire watch exam trying to figure out which Sub my ophthalmologist was wearing. At the end of my eye exam I realized it was an old Orient clone.

3. WatchShopping Mar 29, 2019

I see different kinds of watches, but mostly Rolex. Most recently: having lunch and sitting across from two guys wearing the same Rolex sub.

4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 29, 2019

IMG_20190328_183026329.jpg Yesterday morning... Stealth cam ;)

Syrte and WatchShopping like this.
  5. speedyproftw Mar 30, 2019

The most surprising “in the wild” sighting I ever had was just a few days ago in the Hobart airport. The Virgin Australia check in agent (female) was wearing a rose gold Daytona. Virgin must be paying well!

yvrclimber, WatchShopping and jrhave2 like this.
  6. kkt Mar 30, 2019

Or she inherited money or the watch...

7. mrs_LA Apr 2, 2019

Oh. Because women can’t possibly have nice watches unless it was inherited or purchased with money that isn’t theirs. :rolleyes:

Dedalus05, Syrte and Garv like this.
  8. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 2, 2019

I think the point here was that the $25k Rolex wearer was a check-in agent... Male, or female.

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 2, 2019

More of a Rose Gold Daytona In Tasmania.
    You could almost buy Tasmania for that.
    ( was down there a few months ago after a tenant done a runner and trashed a investment property I have down there. Meth issues were quite noticeable :thumbsdown: )

Lonestar likes this.
  10. kkt Apr 2, 2019

I thought the possibility that she paid for the watch with her earnings at Virgin Australia was covered in the post I was quoting.

larryganz, STANDY and Lonestar like this.
  11. Vikingnova23 Apr 2, 2019

My recent in the wild sighting was during a new hire orientation in January where one of the new hires had a GMT Master II. Everyone else in the room had Apple or some sort of fitness tracker (doesn’t help that every couple of months my wife tries to convert me to be an Apple Watch user). I feel like I see best sightings either at weddings or graduations.

12. Stripey Apr 2, 2019

I had to visit an eye surgeon last year (fortunately turned out to be nothing serious). He was wearing a skeleton titanium Zenith El Primero. And he had a JLC Atmos on the mantel. When he took me through to take some photos of the back of my eye, I mentioned that it was unusual for the consultant to do it himself, and he just gave me a conspiratorial look and said, "yeah, but it's a toy, isn't it - you understand." Really nice guy.

larryganz likes this.
  13. RI Omega Fan Apr 2, 2019

Or, more likely, it was fake. There are LOTS of pretty good fake Rollies out there...

janice&fred likes this.
  14. Omega-Q Apr 2, 2019

I'm here in the DC area and see a lot of Rolex watches running around. There are a few Tags & Omegas. Specifically in the Pentagon, most military guys are wearing Breitlings or Omegas (military issued versions). Other than that, you see Apple watches all over the place. I have yet to see a "holy grail" watch...

15. 77deluxe Apr 2, 2019

I saw a guy wearing an Apple Watch at Long John Silvers

Lonestar and watchknut like this.
  16. peterpumpkinhead Apr 2, 2019

My doctor wears a Patek Philippe Aquanaut Travel Time....Grrr

17. Modd69 Apr 2, 2019

We need to start a trend to stop calling the Apple Watch a watch, it’s a heart rate monitor that tells time. I’ll call it the Apple Montitor.

18. ninjamattic Apr 3, 2019

But why is Bond wearing his watch upside down??

19. ericmtl Apr 4, 2019

The biggest one I saw in the recent years was a audemars piguet royal oak chronograph pink gold on rubber strap the guy was in a Bentley , AP are easy to tell , and telling from the 250-300k car he was driving you could tell it was a real one , saw a few Rolexs but you never know their are so much fake ones. Funny story saw a pretty girl with a vintage man's seamaster at the grocery store , waiting in line I mentioned it to her she had a nice omega watch, she smiled and said it was a gift from her dad... I had an opening but I choked ...

janice&fred likes this.
  20. ninjamattic Apr 15, 2019

Yesterday in Santa Barbara I saw three Speedy reduced, a Tag, and a load of Rolexes between Day-Date, Explorer I, and Sub. Never seen so many real watches in my life. The wedding I was at this weekend was Apple Watch encrusted to death. I had the only nice watch on, and the photographer even caught it. There will be photos of my watch by itself in the wedding album, lol.

Edited Apr 15, 2019