How is my assessment of this Connie 168.005 on ebay?

Hey all, just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this watch auction on ebay. I did my research and here are my novice takeaways:

- Doesnt look like a redial and seems to pass the MOY test
- Case looks lightly polished and generally beaten up. (Although in some photos its hard to tell)
- Crystal is beaten up.
- The crown is not original.
- The listing title says 561 but the photos show 564 movement
- Something about the bracelet doesn't look right to me...
- I'd say it will go in the $1500 range

Please correct me if I'm wrong and provide any thoughts! I'm trying to practice assessing these watches using everything I've learned from this forum. Thank you very much!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2563266765...uid=Fe50vSMHSey&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Looks ok , the bracelet has some stretch.
The564 has a quick set date function that the561 lacks, otherwise much the same. It looks dirty.
It may go higher than your estimate doing all steel with a BOR, but in the ball park.

Looks ok , the bracelet has some stretch.
The564 has a quick set date function that the561 lacks, otherwise much the same. It looks dirty.
It may go higher than your estimate doing all steel with a BOR, but in the ball park.
Thank you for your response. Stretch in the bracelet something I never would've thought to look for. Always more to learn! I appreciate you!

You are pretty much spot on with your critique @C Master - but you know, I quite like this watch.
It is a little beaten up and I'm not sure the crystal can be saved by polishing but I'll bet that case will look a million times better on the wrist than in the pics.
Just look at the facets on the lower right lug....pretty good
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 19.23.48.png

Under the scratched crystal, the dial looks really quite nice

Apart from the stretch, I think the BOR is ok but there is something unusual about the end links - perhaps modern/after market replacements?

The watch will need a service - the gasket isn't complete and there are signs of rotor rub - but this is to be expected and a proper service will sort this.
There maybe signs of moisture ingress on the (replacement) rotor but from these pics it doesn't seem to have affected the dial.

Depending on price this could be a nice wearer.

You are pretty much spot on with your critique @C Master - but you know, I quite like this watch.
It is a little beaten up and I'm not sure the crystal can be saved by polishing but I'll bet that case will look a million times better on the wrist than in the pics.
Just look at the facets on the lower right lug....pretty good
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 19.23.48.png

Under the scratched crystal, the dial looks really quite nice

Apart from the stretch, I think the BOR is ok but there is something unusual about the end links - perhaps modern/after market replacements?

The watch will need a service - the gasket isn't complete and there are signs of rotor rub - but this is to be expected and a proper service will sort this.
There maybe signs of moisture ingress on the (replacement) rotor but from these pics it doesn't seem to have affected the dial.

Depending on price this could be a nice wearer.

Thanks very much for your response. Signs of moisture is not something I noticed. I appreciate all of your insights.

It is a nice watch for sure. How would you say my estimated value of $1500 is? About fair?

It is a nice watch for sure. How would you say my estimated value of $1500 is? About fair?

without the scratches and nibbles on the lugs I think you would probably be slightly light (the BOR has a value) but it does have a 'lived in' look and it all depends on what the other bidders see when they look at the watch.

If you are genuinely interested, set yourself a target price and see how it goes - you might get lucky, it's a soft market at the moment

I have the same watch on my Watchlist as well. Crystal is rough but the dial looks fine to me.

Good luck bidding.

I'm watching this one too (just out of interest -- no competition from me!). Appears to be luminous dial and hands.
Good luck from me too. I agree, I think this one would clean up pretty nicely (service + new crystal).

A correct 10 sided crown with thin logo can cost you $100 and the difference between a lumed dial and an onyx dial is about $200.
Make sure you know the difference before placing a bid.

Screenshot_20231209_044811_Gallery.jpg

I think those Endlinks are bogus so that’s minus £100

$1,524 - seems like a decent price.

Anyone get it?

Thanks for all your responses!