Forums Latest Members
  1. chocopanet Jan 28, 2019

Hello and good day all, I am Cho, new to this forum.

I would like some opinion on my recent purchase, a Constellation 168.0055, a watch I found while browsing through the local ads. The seller was accomodating, and although he didn't have photos of the movement, he agreed to have the watch opened by a watchmaker to have me see the movement, before I purchase.

I did the best I could to authenticate the watch myself when the caseback was opened. I saw the numbers 168.0055 stamped on the caseback, the numbers 1011 on the movement, along with the serial that starts with a 33, which I think dates it back to 1971. The seller claimed it was serviced, cleaned, and buffed April of last year. I'm not too familiar with the difference between a buffed or a polished watch, although the clasp looks a tad bit shiny to my liking. As a whole I really liked the watch and pulled the trigger on it, for around 425 USD.

Attached are photos I took with the said watch, together with my first Connie, a 1993 two-toned Quartz (which I believe is 18k, correct me if I'm wrong). I apologise in advance for the quality of the shots, as I took them with my 2 years old phone. I would also appreciate more info on the Quartz Constellation I have, as all I know is its year model from the serial on the caseback. Thank you.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Edited Jan 28, 2019
  2. bubba48 Jan 28, 2019

Welcome.
    Nice watch; looks correct to me.
    This is mine

omega constellation 72 (0).jpg

3. chocopanet Jan 28, 2019

Thanks for the reply, and you have a nice watch too. Just curious though, I've tried chrono but can't seem to find watches just like these all over the net. How much are these going for? Just wanna know if I paid too much or was it priced right.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 28, 2019

Nice watch

You paid right, if it really was serviced you done well.

5. chocopanet Jan 28, 2019

Thanks for the reply. Oh and if I may ask a few more questions:
    1. Does the cal. 1011 feature manual hand winding? I let the watch rest on purpose to test if it does, but nothing seems to happen when I wind it when the crown is in.
    2. Power reserve was around 25-30 hours, Is it normal for a vintage watch to have its power reserve decrease over time?

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 28, 2019