Forums Latest Members

How do I gain access to be able to list watches on the for sale thread?

1. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

I am looking to sell however, on the for sale thread it says that I do not have access to post on that thread. Any advice?

Edited by a mod Sep 15, 2020
  2. Marsimaxam Sep 15, 2020

I know some of the guys are going to say it's been asked and answered... before you can post in the Sales Forum, you need to have a total of 200 posts. You now have 10, another 190 posts and you will have access to the Sales Forum and you can post your watch for sell at that time.

All the answers to your question can be found in this link:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ple...ules-for-all-listings-includes-replies.54179/

Amaury HR likes this.
  3. Zapatta Sep 15, 2020

Need to have at least 200 posts so you could post in Sales section. Only 190 to go :thumbsup:

Amaury HR likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 15, 2020

Go to the sales forum and read the sticky thread that says “Please read”...

The answers are in there...

befobe, blufinz52, Twocats and 6 others like this.
  5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 15, 2020

200 high quality posts ;) Nothing gets us out of bed like the opportunity to rain scorn down on someone who is racing towards 200 posts just to sell something. The goal is community engagement.

Ohmeguh, LesXL, jumpingsecond and 6 others like this.
  6. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

I am not racing towards anything. Checkout my posts and I think you’ll see that all I am trying to do is engage with the community and learn from the rest of the forum members.

7. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

Thank you for being kind and simply answering my question. I am new to the forum and I figured I’d ask the other members rather than stare Stupidly at my computer screen trying to figure it out. Some of these guys seem rather sensitive about asking for information that is “already somewhere else”.

8. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 15, 2020

Sorry, I thought the winky face would have put you at ease. I have enjoyed your banter with @krogerfoot :thumbsup:

JimInOz and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  9. Marsimaxam Sep 15, 2020

I understand... maybe, I’m not good using the site’s search engine, but, I’ve tried a search, only to find after I started a thread that my question had previously been asked and answered.
    There is a good group of people on the site with an enormous wealth of knowledge and experience. Take it with a grain of salt. Welcome to the asylum. Have fun.

krogerfoot and DaveK like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 15, 2020

Do you have a pet ?

LesXL, X350 XJR, janice&fred and 8 others like this.
  11. YY77 Sep 16, 2020

Do you like pizza?

janice&fred, Amaury HR, DaveK and 3 others like this.
  12. michael22 Sep 16, 2020

This forum, just like every other forum, is full of all kinds. Those who ask questions, those answer questions, those who stare stupidly at the screen,...
    That is the way of the internet, don't expect otherwise.
    I haven't seen your posts yet, but welcome.

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 16, 2020

There, FIFY ;) (Note the winky emoticon, it means I'm having a good natured dig at you).

Sorry you got your nose out of joint over the responses.
    We get many questions from new members who only want to use our forum to sell watches and crack the shits when they have to meet certain criterea, so some members may be a bit short after responding to dozens of identical questions.

The sales forum is also well documented with rules (at the very top of the page), so you hardly have to "stare Stupidly at my computer screen trying to figure it out".

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.22.29 PM.png

I 'spose I'll go on your shit list for my response, but if not, and if you can handle some banter and blokey shit stirring you'll get along fine here.

rob#1, Davidt, Dan S and 7 others like this.
  14. krogerfoot Sep 16, 2020

People might seem touchy, but after settling in, you'll start to see what sets them off. Every week a number of newcomers show up expecting forum members to be at their beck and call and then throw a fit when people decline to serve as their personal vintage watch valet.
    The forum has a culture of its own, overlaid atop the separated-by-a-common-language nature of Anglosphere intercultural dynamics. (Us) North Americans easily overreact to Brit/Aussie modes of communication that are coded in our culture as 100% hostile but are, as @JimInOz says, merely blokey shit-stirring. You seem like a good sport, so take some time to get the lay of the land around here.

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 16, 2020

@krogerfoot, I spat my coffee out reading your second last line.

Reminded me of a Navy helicopter pilot I work with a few years ago, said that was the one reason he like Aussies so much is the can say the C word so eloquently and often and don’t get offended by it or getting called it, like Americans do.

krogerfoot likes this.
  16. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Sep 16, 2020

I'll give ya $5 for your watches. Cash.

Amaury HR and janice&fred like this.
  17. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2020

... and funny how British & Aussie modes start at opposite ends of the formal / informal spectrum, yet we usually communicate pretty easily. I'm sure there's a book or three in all this waiting to be written :coffee:

TimeODanaos and krogerfoot like this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2020

I would remind the members that we have women members on the forum and that in the US at least, women find the use of , and veiled use of the word in question extremely offensive. Even if joking. Lets not have any more of it.

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 16, 2020

Was in Okinawa on a US base and a lieutenant I had worked with for a few days and got on pretty well with, asked if I had a filter, I replied “Whats a filter”
    Think he is still laughing at my reply.

Find the British are very tolerant of Australian informalities and actually expect it and thus it doesn’t cause issues.

20. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 16, 2020

Understood. Sorry for any offence given.