Forums Latest Members

Hopefully pet owners understand (Dedicated to pets) ??

1. Zapatta Oct 3, 2020

Chillin'

IMG_20201003_124557.jpg IMG_20201003_124156.jpg
  2. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 3, 2020

Ok astronomy experts, WTF is that ?
    Even Lucy was baffled by the phenomenon.
    32D59EA3-AD3D-4627-A6C9-C3C2BE8BAA4C.jpeg 9CBBB566-AAE9-4361-BF8F-3196027E38DE.jpeg

3. sxl2004 Oct 3, 2020

It’s is called the moon :D
    Oh and some flare ;)

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Oct 3, 2020

And how on earth could anybody not fall in love with that face.

pw92676 and Zapatta like this.
  5. Zapatta Oct 3, 2020

Amazing story regarding my Rita. Younger brother found her abandoned in the streets of Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo, and smuggled her into Croatia, in a travel bag after 20 hours of bus ride. He even bribed police on border crossing lol. Love of my life since then ::love::

6. Omegafanman Oct 3, 2020

Not now he is an old boy / too much like hard work…. Likes it tinned, pouched or cooked …. And flaked or mashed… We feel like we are trying to win an AA feline Rosette award…. And failing most of the time :0)

03 - Copy.jpg
  7. Omegafanman Oct 3, 2020

He started watching Midway with us / hoping for a ships cat maybe … I tease him he has a brain the size of a Walnut … but we are the ones who are nuts based on the fact he has us wrapped around his paw! Size is clearly not everything....

04 - Copy.jpg 01 - Copy.jpg 02 - Copy.jpg
  8. Walrus Oct 3, 2020

Yaaaay horsey, drove by a place that gives riding lessons
    558D53C9-6F02-4655-BB39-511DDD785913.jpeg

9. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Oct 3, 2020

A beautiful dog with a great story... even better!

my dopey parakeet rode home from a pet store in the trunk of my motorcycle, a fifteen minute ride... not cool at all.

Zapatta likes this.
  10. Zapatta Oct 3, 2020

Riding in trunk of motorcycle is way cooler than riding in duffle bag for 20h :thumbsup:

11. Walrus Oct 3, 2020

It’s an interesting topic about cats “intelligence”level. Dogs have an innate desire to please humans, it’s just how the evolution of the species worked out as man used dogs to help him hunt etc. Cats learned humans can be useful as they attract mice and can be a useful source of food in other ways. Now I had a German Shepard for over 15 years and she was a great dog and certainly picked up several words and hand motions. I taught her a few tricks as well. But every damn year she would eat the tinsel on the Christmas tree and proceed to poop shiny stuff all over the house. I have know idea what the attraction to tinsel was. I do see my cats figure out some interesting things. I have a door in my house that often doesn’t latch properly they all know if they give it a nudge with their head most of the time they can open it.

I’ve read a bit on the Egyptians and cats which is always interesting. I just view them as they different animals they are. I’m not a cat person not a dog person I’m more of an animal person I ended up with three cats at the time being as family members figured out I’m the guy who can’t say no to taking a cat that has some troubles or the owner had troubles so they call me. I don’t see any of them as a hindrance of course and I’m glad I was able to save them from being either put out in the street or put to sleep. My observations and readings tell me cats have a decent level of intelligence they just save it for themselves as they don’t really care about impressing or pleasing me.

Omegafanman, Farmer, pw92676 and 2 others like this.
  12. Omegafanman Oct 4, 2020

I still don't think the boffins have agreed on a definition for intelligence.... it starts to be muddied waters with the whole
    consciousness debate. I agree there is a lot more to cats / it is just a lot pf people assume they are independent so the relationships don't develop as they do need a lot of work. Humans and dogs have evolved as a closer symbiotic unit + dogs have more muscle control for facial expressions - cats cant do a puppy face (although they are working on it :0) It is interesting after Pope Gregory ordered persecution of cats for being satanic we got the black death and famine in Europe... so maybe removing our expert / fully organic rat and mouse killing machines was not the smartest papal move :0) - The Egyptians were ahead of the ball on that. Nice you are helping a few of them out in return.

13. pw92676 Oct 4, 2020

Sorry you lost your boys. I know they had a great purpose and life with you and are eternally grateful. I am glad you have many memories with them.

My dogs have also helped shape me be the man I always wanted to be. I didn’t know what I was missing until I got married and had dogs enter my life.

Hooded Claw and Omegafanman like this.
  14. Walrus Oct 4, 2020

The theory that the church caused the Black Death is a little shaky but interesting
    https://museumhack.com/black-cats-black-death/

Omegafanman likes this.
  15. Omegafanman Oct 4, 2020

Good article - Macquarie island is probably a better studied example of cat removals unintended consequences (but they were not the domestic variety). I think perceived links with black magic and general superstition meant cats were persecuted in middle ages - as were a lot of the people (not for the first or last time). I don't think my Cat can spread Covid 19 but based on the extra time he / cats in general are getting with owners I suspect if they could they probably would :0)

Walrus likes this.
  16. Walrus Oct 4, 2020

Good point, at the start of the initial shut down I was home for two weeks. After that I became “essential” and was not home the majority of the initial shutdown but I do think my cats were rather pleased those two weeks I was home, a lot more treats were dispensed and feeding times were more frequent.

Omegafanman likes this.
  17. Walrus Oct 4, 2020

Beautiful dogs. My buddy has two huskies and a parrot and it’s great to watch the dogs and parrot bark at each other. The parrot will get the huskies all worked up and then start laughing. I agree they seem like pretty smart dogs. Losing these animals we care for is always sad. I will try to make this brief but I have an issue I need to tend to Monday which will be unpleasant. I work with people who have mental health issues. Friday I got a call from one of our clients, she was in tears and wanted to make an appointment with me. She had to put her 15 year old dog down. Now a loss of a pet is always tough but this will be magnified has this poor girl has a number of diagnosis that hinder her ability to socialize so the companionship of her pet was more important in many ways than to those of us without such illnesses. I try not to take work home but I admit this weekend I’ve been thinking of ways to approach this issue. I have seen things like this lead to people getting hospitalized. I find it a little easier when you can look back and realize you brought many years of comfort and good health to the animal but I’m going to have to play this one by ear and see what the best response will be.

18. Rodentman Oct 4, 2020

The late Max loved his Pandarus.

[​IMG] .

wagudc, Longbow, Seaborg and 12 others like this.
  19. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 4, 2020

Serious case of bed head for Connie
    B7B5EBCB-E392-4768-AB96-F1A7649E8592.jpeg

Longbow, X350 XJR, LesXL and 7 others like this.
  20. Walrus Oct 4, 2020

Hairy reminded me dinner time is about an hour and half away
    DD40A87A-A22C-4EB6-A559-B3F05A20A7E1.jpeg

wagudc, Longbow, allwoundup and 9 others like this.