Forums Latest Members
  1. pbook4g5 Mar 14, 2023

I posted my intro in The Great Big Introductions Thread in the Open Discussion Forum, but now that I see this forum, its probably where it should have been posted.

Howdy, OmegaForums! Long time lurker, first time poster, or something like that. My name is Todd and I've been into watches since I was in grade school... took apart a couple of manual watches back when I was 10-13 years old and loved trying to get them back together. I did get an old Seiko running again. Sadly, I fell out of favor with watches when I went to college, but quickly got back into them when I made it to grad school. Picked up my first "big kid" watch when a friend sold me his Tag Formula 1 because he was buying a new car and needed the cash. For 15 years, that was really the only watch I had.

I worked in Higher Education in the US from 2004 - 2022, but left the industry last year to go work as a contractor for the Air Force. I'm a gigantic space nerd (Go Space Hipsters!), so I was always in love with the Speedmaster from an early age. With my signing bonus, I went and picked up an Speedmaster Professional with the hesalite crystal and the 3861 movement. I love everything about it. And my wife wishes my love for watches stopped there. But it didn't.

I dug out an old Bulova Acutron that was my great grandfathers, and then I picked up the new Bulova Lunar Pilot. And when I recently switched from contractor to civilian employee, I picked up a Hamilton Khaki Field (manual wind). I don't really want to get into watch collecting, but it’s too late for that now. I've attached a photo of my small collection.

I'm on the lookout for two vintage Omegas, which is ultimately the reason I've wandered onto the forums. To read, to learn, and to ask questions. I look forward to learning from everyone here!

IMG_9800.JPG
    Edited Mar 14, 2023
    flw, Vitezi, mountainunder and 10 others like this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 14, 2023

Hi Todd, welcome to the forum!

Sorry, you're already hooked, it only goes downhill from here.

noelekal and SC1 like this.
  3. SC1 Mar 14, 2023

Heya Todd, glad you're here... I like your collection - always a soft spot for Hamiltons both new and old.

4. pbook4g5 Mar 14, 2023

I wear my new Hamilton more than any other watch I have currently. I really like the way it wears

SC1 and noelekal like this.
  5. befobe Mar 14, 2023

I already heard that... :eek:

Welcome to OF, very nice watchspacebox...:thumbsup:

hkim and bardamu like this.
  6. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 14, 2023

Just reading between the lines here...

I don't know about y'all, but I think he's into watch collecting.

Welcome to the Forum Todd!

We're glad you have joined us.

Thanks for the nice photo of your box o' watches.

7. pbook4g5 Mar 14, 2023

Copy and paste fail!

thanks for the welcome!

noelekal likes this.
  8. Watch my Whisky Mar 14, 2023

Ohio is really nice.

You should get a MoonSwatch for your collection.

9. pbook4g5 Mar 14, 2023

Ohio is nice… most of the time. Today wasn’t great.

I wouldn’t mind picking up a MoonSwatch if I could find one at MSRP.
    I like your screen name! Two of my favorite vices

SC1 and Watch my Whisky like this.
  10. SC1 Mar 14, 2023

What part of the Buckeye State are you in -- I grew up not far from the eastern border in NW Pennsylvania.

11. pbook4g5 Mar 14, 2023

I’m in Dayton, but I am a lifelong Pittsburgh Penguins fan (for better or worse this season)

SC1 likes this.
  12. SC1 Mar 14, 2023

Picksburgh! ~ said in that loveably undereducated Penna way.

13. bikerfox Mar 19, 2023

welcome to the forum--i'm right behind you in joining and especially in collecting. originally from cleveland and
    my father moved the family to cali (LA) a long time ago. my career was in k-12, but loved college/higher ed as well.
    thanks for the idea of displaying a collection of watches. i have a few, none as nice as yours, but hopefully the
    collection will grow, as yours has.

14. Aroxx Sets his watch Mar 19, 2023

Interesting, I just met a guy yesterday who works for the Air Force here and spent the last 3 weeks in Dayton for training.

15. pbook4g5 Mar 19, 2023

He was probably at my school. Was he in the medical field?

16. Aroxx Sets his watch Mar 19, 2023

Negative, Cyber Security. We didn’t get into any details for obvious reasons. But I see there’s a base out there.

pbook4g5 likes this.
  17. pbook4g5 Mar 19, 2023

Yeah he was likely here at wright patterson. One of the largest Air Force bases in the world in terms of personnel

Aroxx likes this.