Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Carrera 45 - 3647S. Fully Serviced.

1. Davidt May 31, 2017

Overview

Escalating building costs mean I'm reluctantly parting with a few bits and pieces over the next month or so.

This early Heuer Carrera 3647S was a barn find, bought by me from the grandson of the original owner in 2016. It had sat unused in a drawer for several decades prior to this. Initial incoming pictures can be found here

https://omegaforums.net/threads/heuer-carrera-45-3647s-just-in.46711/

It is an early, first generation model with the 'no T' dial, large unsigned Heuer crown, early serial and no ref number on the case. All parts are original to the watch and correct for an early 3647S Carrera.

Once the watch was with me it went to WatchGuy UK for a full service and James Hyman to have the hands and hour plots relumed with aged, non-glowing compound. I genuinely have no great desire to sell this, but unfortunately builders don't like getting paid with a wink and a smile.

Positives:
    Fully serviced by reputable watchmaker and still under warranty.
    Early model, rarer than the later ones.
    All parts original and correct.
    Great daily wearer.
    Column wheel movement.
    Dial looks great.

Negatives:
    Dial has been re-lumed.
    Minor discolouration to dial.
    Case has it's share or nicks and scratches.

Details

Dial - 'no T/Swiss only' silver dial in good condition, with narrow hour markers. Slight discolouration between 1 and 3 o'clock (very hard to photograph but is best seen on the first wrist picture). Slight loss of print on areas of chapter ring. Printing on dial is factory original. Original hands.
    Hands and hour dots expertly relumed by James Hyman with non glowing compound.

Case - Heuer stainless steel case. Either unpolished or very nearly. Lines and edges are still sharp. Shows marks and wear but original.
    Early 3647s like this one didn't not have the reference number stamped between the lugs. Serial 613xx stamped between lugs.
    Large, unsigned crown which is correct for early serial.

Movement - Heuer Leonidas signed Valjoux 92 column wheel movement. Fully serviced in 2016 and under warranty until Nov 2017. Working flawlessly.

Asking £4500 ono, or equivalent (approx US$5800).
    Will come with quality WatchGecko black leather strap.
    Watch is located in U.K.
    I'll pick up shipping worldwide. Buyer to pick up any fees associated with payment.

IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0783.JPG IMG_0784.JPG IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0795.JPG IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG

Edited May 31, 2017
    Mark020, mbeast, watchdaddy1 and 10 others like this.
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder May 31, 2017

Beautiful Carrera, GLWS!

Davidt likes this.
  3. ICONO May 31, 2017

Another winner, David……lovely, lovely watch in top condition, GLWS

Davidt likes this.
  4. Davidt May 31, 2017

Thanks for the good wishes guys. Now OHPF.

oddboy, gophishin and ICONO like this.
  5. micampe May 31, 2017

Well I'm glad it's gone so I can stop thinking about it.

Mark020, shishy, Dre and 1 other person like this.