Here are one or two new pictures of my Dad's lovely old Omega Speedmaster.

(For those new to the forum) I only own one watch and this is it!

My Dad bought this old Speedmaster master more than 50 years ago. I think he paid between £100 and £150 for it???
He left it to me nearly 20 years ago and I continue to enjoy it.

Here are some new photographs, taken in 2022, while I have it off of my Dad's, early 1970's, 1171/633, service bracelet.

This old Speedmaster is no safe queen. It was worn every day, by my Dad, between the late 1960's and his passing in 2003 and you can see, from the photographs, it's had a life.

In recent years, it has been looked after by Swiss Time Services (UK) and Simon Freese Watchmakers (UK). Anyway, It goes "tick tick" quite nicely for a 55 year old watch. God knows what's happening with the dial! It seems to be a different colour every time I look at it.😕

Here is nice shot of my Dad wearing it some time in the 1970's. The dial was still black back then and it's already on the 1171/633 service bracelet. I have shared this old picture before, but it's nice to post it again, for newer forum members. If he was still around he would be 91 this month. (October 2022) and this old Omega Speedmaster would still be on his wrist... every day.
Edited:

That’s a real beauty and a lovely heirloom!

loads of people love the magical changing brown dial.

I would perhaps key an eye out for an original flat link bracelet. They are very cool.

That’s a real beauty and a lovely heirloom!

loads of people love the magical changing brown dial.

I would perhaps key an eye out for an original flat link bracelet. They are very cool.

Thank you!
Yes I agree. The flat link bracelets are really cool. I think I actually broke the original bracelet in about 1970??? I remember the old man was not happy with me, at the time. Worse still, I'm pretty sure my Mum threw the old bracelet away, some time??? I remember seeing it in her kitchen draw, along with screws, plugs and other junk, in the 1980's.🙁

The service bracelet is very special to me, as my Dad wore the watch on it, for over 30 years.

Enjoy
I will never get a watch from my dad.
But my son will enjoy multiple watches each with their own story.

Thank you!
Yes I agree. The flat link bracelets are really cool. I think I actually broke the original bracelet in about 1970??? I remember the old man was not happy with me, at the time. Worse still, I'm pretty sure my Mum threw the old bracelet away, some time??? I remember seeing it in her kitchen draw, along with screws, plugs and other junk, in the 1980's.🙁

The service bracelet is very special to me, as my Dad wore the watch on it, for over 30 years.

I had to laugh for myself about your Mom and your observation 😀. I think it is an eviable attitude, which I am missing somtimes.

Very nice watch..enjoy it for very long time. So you are from Gibraltar? 😀

I had to laugh for myself about your Mom and your observation 😀. I think it is an eviable attitude, which I am missing somtimes.
Well sadly it wasn't only the flat link bracelet. She through out the lovely red Omega box as well. When the old man ran off with the Scottish barmaid, down his club, my Mum took a large pair of scissors to his best suit. I think the bracelet & Omega box also became victims of my Mum's demonstration of Irish rage! 😁

Thank God she never got hold of his old Speedmaster! 😲

Very nice watch..enjoy it for very long time. So you are from Gibraltar? 😀
No we are a Scottish/Irish family, but we all lived in London, UK, in the 1960's and 1970's. No idea how the watch made it's way to London from Gibraltar. Possibly a military connection??? Who knows???

My Dad didn't buy the watch brand new. My Dad never bought anything brand new. There was always a deal to be done, down at the Greyhound racing track. In the original post above, I have added a nice shot of my Dad wearing it some time in the 1970's.😀
Edited:

Good to see you back, old friend. How goes it?

You only have one watch, well, when it's this one that is quite enough!

Quit going on holiday in Chernobyl and that dial will settle down.

Good to see you back, old friend. How goes it?

You only have one watch, well, when it's this one that is quite enough!

Quit going on holiday in Chernobyl and that dial will settle down.
Yes, not doing too bad, thankyou Uncle Buck. I hope you are keeping well. Very nice to hear from you and yes, I will give Chernobyl a miss next year.😁

That is beautiful I know not everyone had pleasant family memories but my grandfathers and fathers watches are the my most treasured. Not that my collection is loaded up with great treasures just many I like.

I like the one watch collection idea when you have one that is of value both sentimental (more so) and monetarily.

Do you ever get the hankering to add something else or are you going to leave things as they are? I don’t think there is a wrong answer here just curious

Honestly, this is one of the nicest traditions, passing a watch down to your son or daughter. It’s literally an at hand reminder or the parent or loved one. Fair enough the inheritor can do what the want with it and sometimes sell it, but it warms my heart when they cherish it. Thanks for sharing the story with us.

Yea nonuffinbloke!

Sure glad to see some more of your dad's Speedmaster and to see you here!

I think I like any 321 Speedmaster primarily for that applied Onefa logo. It's like icing on a cake, that bit of brightness on the dial.
Edited: