Here are one or two new pictures of my Dad's lovely old Omega Speedmaster.

A chap down the road from me bought his in 1970 or '71 for £125 so you're about right re the price.

Edit: but his isn't a cal. 321 -- yours is much more special!

PRICE:
Well @Revo, I'm not sure exactly how much an Omega Speedmaster Professional would have cost, brand new, between 1967 and 1970. My Dad didn't buy the watch brand new. Not sure where he got it, but he did spend a fair bit of time at London (UK), Greyhound Racing tracks, in the 1960's and 1970's. It wouldn't suprised me if it was a nice little "dog track deal"???

He already had an Omega Seamaster in the 1960's and I remember we all watched the moon landing together, as a family. So I suppose the timing was right for him to change to a Speedmaster. As a kid I remember the watch was kept in a nice red Omega box, that I wasn't allowed to touch. I think that fell victim to one of my Mum's clear outs in the 1980's, along with the broken Omega flat link bracelet. 😟

OMEGA 321:
Yes, it is lovely to own an Omega Speedmaster with a 321 movement. It’s a beautiful thing, but then that brings it's own concerns with regard to servicing and maintenance. Hopefully, with the help of STS UK and Simon Freese Watchmakers UK, it will be sustainable.

It's timely to make this post today. My Dad was born on 15th October 1931. If he was still here today, he would be celebrating his 91st birthday and still wearing his Omega Speedmaster Professional on his wrist. 😀
Edited:

beautiful watch. I love the ones that are in great condition, but still show some wear and tear. this fits the bill.

Nice to see you again dear friend !
Thank you @Seaborg. It’s alays nice to see how members appreciate the lovely old watches that we see on this forum.

beautiful watch. I love the ones that are in great condition, but still show some wear and tear. this fits the bill.
Thank you @worldwidewes . "Wear and tear". Yes well this one was out and about, in London and around Great Britain, for at least three decades of it's life. I never saw my Dad without it either going to work or going out socially.

When I first showed it to this forum, back in 2016, I got some wonderful advice regarding where to get it serviced. I took that advice and the watch has benefited from that expert attention. I have to say, since I got it, back in 2003, it's had a much quieter life.

It is great to see a tiny Swiss made machine still running ! I am a true fan as I have a 1968 Speedy(orange second hand) .Bless your Dad's Memory !

If you have an Ultraman, please do share photos in a new thread!

Honestly, this is one of the nicest traditions, passing a watch down to your son or daughter. It’s literally an at hand reminder or the parent or loved one. Fair enough the inheritor can do what the want with it and sometimes sell it, but it warms my heart when they cherish it. Thanks for sharing the story with us.

Yes, I have my dad's gmt master ii that he wore all the time from new from the mid 90s after his original was stolen in a service truck heist. I have some pictures of him wearing it and I know of at least one time it was thought lost at the bottom of our lagoon. Still, I've got it away for a bracelet repair and full service at rolliworks (minus bezel replacement and polishing as I want his dings) so that II can wear it, someday, once I get it out of the drawer/box/sock much like the OP here. I will pass it down to my son along with the rest of my collection as well with the stipulation that he keep it and pass it down once again.