Forums Latest Members
  1. Armano Jan 4, 2022

There is some marks but cant saw them very good.this is best I can
    Anyway my father bought this one 1972 in Zurich so this is 100% genuine IWC ( except those few replacements)
    Like I Said I am more interested about infos about this particulair model than price value. This is somekind rare one. As you can see those hour marks is unique especialy that on at 12 o clock cant find any one similair. And on plate are not writen Swiss. I saw many of them without those Swiss on back plate but never saw any with hour Mark like this one at 12 o clock.it is same as others but just thicker. I saw many with doublle strips on 12 o'clock but never like this one . Thats interested me more tham money value. Which exact model is this and other tehnical infos.
    Is there any manufacturer Base with serijal numbers maybe? Is it posiblle to find out anything trough serijal number maybe?

20220104_191614.jpg 20220104_191611.jpg
    Edited Jan 4, 2022
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 4, 2022

South American case. Usually less gold than IWC Swiss case.

Collectors will value it less also.
    gatorcpa

janice&fred and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. TimeODanaos Jan 4, 2022

Don't worry any more about the collector value issues. It's an attractive enough watch - and anything with IWC cal 89 will run fine . Keep it to honor your father.

4. ConElPueblo Jan 4, 2022

Armano, for reference see this thread: https://omegaforums.net/threads/help-with-iwc-cal-89.48362/

Looking closer at your inner caseback, it is positively not a Swiss made case which has some impact re. value. The type of dial markers very rarely have any importance, even if they are a less common type. There are a lot of different dials for these watches, so unless we knew the exact production numbers of the various types and how many have survived, it would be impossible to tell if a variant was particularly rare.

This IWC - like most watches of that era - doesn't have a model name.

I bet it has a pretty interesting story to tell if your father bought it in Switzerland!

5. ConElPueblo Jan 4, 2022

@Armano, could you please follow up on this? What country are you from? I am curious about the South American connection.

6. Armano Jan 4, 2022

Have no any relations with South America dont even know anyone from there . I am European and my family at least 500 Years back. Thabk you for your help .I dont know everything I wanted but even some things are more clear.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. Armano Jan 4, 2022

You are right and thank you .
    .My father left me 4 more great watches and I own 3 myself ( Panerai Luminor ceramic. Omega seamaster planet Ocean and AP royal oak. but this one was always Mystery for me because IWC have no somekind strict models and I just want to konw more about it . I only know he bought it 1972 in Zurich it is 36mm 750 solid gold and I know about all those replacements because father gave it to his nephew and he just replaced broken parts with some non original just to have working watch and memory on his uncle and he toliko me all that .thats all. Now I know even it is Cal 89 and somekind not common model which is not dissapointed me .just oposite.rare and different for me mean more even with those little issues

TimeODanaos likes this.
  8. Armano Jan 5, 2022

About value I asked just some
    approximately price of watch as is( buy what you see) Just as an some orientation
    Is maybe 1300EUR price fair?

9. Dan S Jan 5, 2022

As noted, it is very difficult to put a value on a watch with flaws, because collectors don't want them. The gold might be worth $800 USD approximately, and I'd say the watch is worth more than that. However, I think it will be difficult to get €1300. So somewhere in between.

TimeODanaos likes this.
  10. Shabbaz Jan 5, 2022

What a watch is worth does'nt depends only on the watch itself. It's also important how you present a watch and with what description. Furthermore, the platform where you sell is important as well. Could this watch sell for eur 1300. I believe it can. But not in the way you present it here on OF.

Dan S likes this.
  11. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 5, 2022

Here are two cal. 89 examples currently on eBay, both of which have original hands, and 18k Swiss cases. Given the asking prices, why would someone pay anywhere close to 1300€ for an example without hands, and in a non-Swiss case?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174167928930?hash=item288d37b062:g:Sr0AAOSwjYleKteDPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265471539663?hash=item3dcf5639cf:g:WFoAAOSwZOFhy68jPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Dan S likes this.
  12. Shabbaz Jan 5, 2022

Are the scratches on the dial or on the plexi?

13. Shabbaz Jan 5, 2022

True. But both are outside EU. So import duties. In my case 20%. And they are a bit smaller.

The OP even could buy matching hands, replace the plexi and I think the watch could look much better.

14. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 5, 2022

I'm not going to spend time finding similar examples from the EU, but have no doubt that they could be found.

15. Shabbaz Jan 5, 2022

You probably will find them.

What I'm trying to say, I can think with a little love and knowledge you can sell.that watch for eur 1300.

I bought these hands for eur 25. Small investment to get a better result.

Screenshot_20220105-231910_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220105-231852_Gallery.jpg
  16. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 5, 2022

Perhaps, but the OPs question was whether of not 1300€ seems "fair" as is. I do agree that if correct replacement hands were to be found (not likely an easy task), the value would rise considerably.

17. Dan S Jan 5, 2022

I agree that if the OP improves the watch, it can sell for more. Adding correct hands would be the biggest improvement, but it would take time, knowledge, and a bit of money. Maybe worth it, maybe not. Some of the flaws are due to the crystal, but the dial is not clean, there are blisters and marks in various places.

18. Armano Jan 5, 2022

19. Dan S Jan 5, 2022

Your photo is a bit blurry, but my sense is that your dial has no lume, so you wouldn't want lumed hands. I'd suggest looking for watches that are relatively similar to yours to see what hands to look for.

Tony C. likes this.
  20. Armano Jan 5, 2022

Just asking because IWC is wierd and with that interesting .I never saw two same ones lol ...never mini like I Said. Just asking because accidently find rhat ones. If I ever want to sall it I will sell it as it is no mater which price .Have no time to deal with those things . Thank of all of you nice People for eveeything