Forums Latest Members
  1. Armano Jan 4, 2022

20220104_160107.jpg 20220104_160036.jpg 20220104_155933.jpg 20220104_155848.jpg Hello
    Can anyone help me with this one.
    Only I know about: it is bought new 1970.I think it is some 1963.model.not sure need help about that too.
    Now, I know it has no original straps,crown.glass and hands,all other is in perfect working conditions and all over, watch is in great conditions in general for its ages ,
    It is 18k 750 solid gold model 36mm .
    Anyone knows more about this one model and tehnical data and maybe some fair selling price?
    Thank you in advance

Edited Jan 4, 2022
  2. Armano Jan 4, 2022

Cant add photos.:(

3. Evitzee Jan 4, 2022

Make sure the file size isn't mega size.

4. Armano Jan 4, 2022

That was a problem.thank you

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 4, 2022

No chance that those hands are original, or correct.

6. Armano Jan 4, 2022

P
    Please read again carefully. I Said hands.straps.glass and crown are not genuine it is replacements.all other is in perfect working conditions ...
    I am asking help with tehnical infos and maybe some fair selling price as it is ?

Edited Jan 4, 2022
  7. Dan S Jan 4, 2022

Find production and technical info at the following website. Your photo is too blurry, but if you look closely between the bridges, you will find the movement serial number.

http://www.moeb.ch/dyIWC/

8. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 4, 2022

I'm glad that it is working, but the value is degraded significantly because of the hand issue.

9. Armano Jan 4, 2022

Thank you

10. Armano Jan 4, 2022

I am asking help with watch as it is ,I described it best I can and you are not help teling me what I already know .anyway thank you for your effort

11. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 4, 2022

You asked for a valuation, and I am suggesting that it is impossible to provide any accurate valuation given the incorrect hands. I'm sorry if you do not find that to be helpful.

vibe and patrick1616 like this.
  12. Armano Jan 4, 2022

W
    Why it is impossible? Even broken things can be valuted... OFC it will not be same as new and full original but watch is 97% original with prefect condition,movement,casse plate.and other parts except only few of those I mentioned and thats only few common parts which usualy broke trough time
    Noćne ask exact and strict valuating. Thats inpossible for any watch not just this one because 100 persons has 100 different opinions. I just asked help for infos of this particulair watch of someonw know or recognize model from photos and some aprox value of watch as it is .... this is one beautifull litlle watch anyway and all my watches exist to serve not to be displayed in showcasess so it is normal through time some of parts have need to be replaced if not with original then with any other firting parts so it can to continue to serve as watch as it is....

Edited Jan 4, 2022
  13. ConElPueblo Jan 4, 2022

It is really, really difficult to assess a watch with "flaws" like missing hands. You can take the value of a similar, correct IWC and then subtract an amount equal to what you perceive as the value of the hands, but even then the market will consist of those who have access to spare, correct hands (very, very few), those who are willing to take on a long term project at the right (low) price, and those who don't care (usually because it cheap). What I am trying to say is that the value is extremely subjective.

Dan S likes this.
  14. ConElPueblo Jan 4, 2022

I can absolutely promise you that wrong hands will constitute more than 3% of the value. And to some it will be a deal-breaker.

Edit: is there an hour marker missing or is it a poor crystal that is distorting the dial?

bardamu and Gav1967 like this.
  15. Armano Jan 4, 2022

Agree. Like I Said in prew reply.First of all I am asking infos about this particulair watch if somone know or recognize from photos. About model .cal. ....and then some aprox value. Thats all

16. Armano Jan 4, 2022

Ok 3% of what? I am not telling it is not true.Now I am asking you what is other 97% of price?
    I didnt Said nothing against opinions that not original replacement not constitute value .I agree with that .but I am asking ,which is price with all those " issues" .you Said it is 3% offthw value. I am asking what is thise 100% value and then it is easy to take -3% or whatever ...from which value you vill take 3% off?
    But I am more interested about watch infos.exact model.year.calib.....

Edited Jan 4, 2022
  17. ConElPueblo Jan 4, 2022

Please consider that

- I am spending my free time helping you.
    - this is not a free evaluation service.
    - it is not an exact science.
    - there are still question marks regarding important issues.
    - you will have to do a bit of the leg work yourself.

Is it a Swiss made case? I can't make out any Swiss hallmarks.
    Is the hour marker missing?

For reference, look at IWC cal. 89.

18. Armano Jan 4, 2022

Nothing missing it is original IWC swiss 18K 750 solid gold case .only those few things I mentioned are not genuine.( strap,hands.crown and glass) all other is original in perfect working condition
    Btw thank you for any help a d effort to help

19. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 4, 2022

This is sort of like walking into one's kitchen to grab a cup of coffee, and finding an unknown Jack Russell terrier growling, yipping, and scurrying around. :D

alam, vibe, janice&fred and 3 others like this.
  20. ConElPueblo Jan 4, 2022

Could you show a photo of the inner caseback more in focus? Or perhaps a photo of the two case hallmarks (most likely on the back of the lugs)?

I would expect an inner caseback of an IWC to be more like this:

upload_2022-1-4_19-11-10.png