Forums Latest Members

Help with Orbita winder than needs repair

1. Toishome Nov 2, 2019

Wondering if anyone has any experience with repairing one of these units in the past. Some while back the right side stopped working and now the left side is barely turning any more like is running out of juice but obviously, it's not since it is plugged into a wall outlet.
    I called Orbita but they no longer support this old model and I like to get it working again since I love the look and it was a pretty good silent winder while it was working. Also, it has a good drawer at the bottom for storing 10 watches.
    I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where I can get this fixed or even what type of tradesperson would fix this sort of winder mechanism. I am located in Canada but the mechanism is not that big and should be easy enough to ship.

IMG_0489.jpg IMG_0451.jpg IMG_6024.jpg IMG_0798.jpg
  2. Evitzee Nov 2, 2019

I'm surprised Orbita doesn't support this winder, the electronics are pretty standard across their range. It sounds like you have a bad motor, or maybe an electronic glitch. I had one just like this but without the drawers, was from 2001. You might try unplugging it and putting batteries in, there is always a chance your plug in transformer is failing. Worth a shot.

3. Toishome Nov 2, 2019

I already tried the batteries but that didn't change anything. I also think it's the motors that gave up.
    I just realized looking at the pictures that I am missing a couple of the nuts. I bought this thing used so I guess someone played Dr already ::facepalm2::