Forums Latest Members
  1. adamsehic rambling recalcitrant strawberry carrier pigeon May 2, 2015

hi guys, I recently received an Omega wristwatch from a now-deceased relative. I have a serial number somewhere(!) that was supplied with the watch (not Omega paperwork) image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg but was unable to match the number through Omega's site.
    My best guess is perhaps a male's early 40's bumper (working fine) pre-constellation in 310 calibre. Case lid without any markings.. I've added the standard size lighter for scale. Not game to open her up but will eventually put her in for a service. It was apparently purchased new here in Australia.
    Any contributions would be most welcome.
    Cheers,
    Adam.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 2, 2015

Welcome mate (we have a few Aussies here). Watch looks in good condition. A service is very important, but don't give it to Omega. Use an independent watchmaker. Where are you, and we might be able to recommend one.
    Here are a couple of photos of similar ones from A Journey Through Time (AJTT), omega's offical history. While the dial configuration is a bit different, that was very common at the time.
    image.jpg image.jpg

3. adamsehic rambling recalcitrant strawberry carrier pigeon May 2, 2015

Thanks Canberra for the swift response. I indeed would like your opinion on where to take watches for servicing. I have an older pocket watch amongst others. Had a terrible experience taking another Omega to a local jewler to have it sent away for servicing. It was lost for 3 months and the quote trebled overnight.
    Once bitten.... I'm in Langwarrin, Melbourne.
    Cheers,
    Adam.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 2, 2015

@JimInOz is in Melbourne. I haven't ever used anyone down there, but I know Jim has.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 2, 2015