Forums Latest Members
  1. Luminy Jan 11, 2020

Hello everyone !

Im a new member here, so I present myself: Im a young french passionate of watches, especially diver's one.

Today, Im creating this new thread to find some information about this vintage Omega.

Few days ago, I found it in my attic... This watch belonged to my grandfather, and it hasn't served in over 20 years now.

In order to keep it as is before knowing where and what to revise/change, I didn't dare to open it myself.

So for the moment, Im just looking for some information on the model it can be. I found on the web some watches who looks a bit the same, they are often marked with the "seamaster". But I didn't find a sub second like mine.

The case must be gold-plated and the bottom made of steel. There are two small signs between the horns, I think there is a number that must correspond to the gold plating and the other is surrounded by a triangle but I can't see better without a magnifying glass.

The diameter of the box is about 35mm. When it moves a little bit the second advance has about five seconds before stopping, I hope it will start again one day.

I'm not sure if the crown is original because even though it's very worn, it doesn't have the omega logo on it.

So if anyone has any information/ideas, it will be with great pleasure that I will read you, thank you in advance to all of you!

Vincent
    IMG_3926.JPG IMG_4075.JPG IMG_4515.JPG IMG_6099.JPG

2. dx009 Jan 11, 2020

The watch looks to be from the 1960s and in good condition overall. Quite possibly inside there is a caliber 269 manual wind movement. The crown quite possibly isn't the genuine one and very worn.

Yes, between the lugs the markings will say that the case is gold plated with probably 40 microns (thickness of the layer). The case back is indeed stainless steel.

It's a nice watch you have there. Get it serviced and enjoy it!

3. Luminy Jan 11, 2020

Hello dx009,

Thanks for your quick return !

I'm going to enjoy wearing it when it will serviced, that's for sure, I'll let you know what caliber's inside when I know!

dx009 likes this.
  4. Luminy Jan 11, 2020

One thing that disturb me also is that the needles are similar to the Geneve models and not to the Seamaster models.

Maybe the needles have changed? Or this watch is half inspired from each model?

5. dx009 Jan 11, 2020

That is because this is not a Seamaster. It's more of a non-branded Geneve really.

The exact model or reference is a code on the case back inside. (Example 135.006)

But that doesn't mean that the watch is not good.

6. janice&fred Jan 11, 2020

nice watch! it's an Omega and genuine and looks like in great shape. it doesn't need to be a seamaster. not all vintage Omegas were seamasters. you are very lucky to have found it and now you can enjoy it! :)

Luminy and Phil F like this.
  7. Luminy Jan 16, 2020

Hello dx009,

You were right ! It's actually a caliber 269 manual wind movement.

My watchmaker has found an original crown and buckle for this model! I can't wait to see the result.

IMG_20200116_153444.jpg

dx009 likes this.