Help sourcing Omega Seamaster 166.010 (chronometer) dial

Hi everyone -

I am in search for a replacement dial for a 1960s Seamaster 166.010 w/ the Chronometer movement from the Constellation. I took my watch for a service at a watch repair place I've used before, and they somehow ruined the dial (dents, lacquer flaking off, missing minute indices), which is infuriating.

So, I am in search for a replacement dial. My current dial is the silver sunburst version, but I've seen blue and black and would be open to those too.

Does anyone have any pointers for where to look, or perhaps has dials already available?

Thanks for the help!

Start searching eBay. Unfortunately you are likely to have a very long search, these dials aren't just laying around. BTW blue and black are unlikely to be originals.

Good luck.

Maybe an Omega boutique and Omega have in stock. I would assume the store is going to cover the replacement cost?

With Omega. Would need caliber, serial number of movement and reference. Probably won't be cheap

Quoted member DON
Would need caliber, serial number of movement and reference.

OP gave the reference in their post, Seamaster 166.010, very unlikely that Omega is going to have this dial especially a chronometer marked one.

Wouldn’t a chronometer rated ref be 168.xxx?

Like 2
Wouldn’t a chronometer rated ref be 168.xxx?
Is it possible that it has a dual reference case back and the OP just used the wrong number? Like this one.
P1011137.JPG
Or maybe the Cosmics didn't have any dual case backs.

Never mind, it may be a franken anyways.
1960s Seamaster 166.010 w/ the Chronometer movement from the Constellation.

One would think for an incident like this the repair shop has professional insurance to help cover costs? Of course that doesn’t resolve rarity issues.

Like 1