Help sought with US cell phone numbers

I’m trying to buy a raincoat from a US supplier who does online transactions, 'Men'sUSA'. Everything is straightforward until I enter, as required, my cellphone number.

I've tried various different layouts but each time I click on 'buy', I get the automated response 'Number not valid'.

My number is +44 7*** 7****7.

I've googled how to set out my UK number for a US seller and tried different versions.

(I also emailed the seller’s help desk but the contact form asks for my phone number and the response is 'Number not valid'.)

So, any help appreciated

(Does anyone recall the song, ‘There’s a hole in my bucket ….’

Like 1
Leave a dummy US number. Any random 10 digits. Do you want them to have your actual UK number?

Like 2
Can you please give me an example of how to set it out, possibly with a US area code?

Can you please give me an example of how to set it out, possibly with a US area code?

212-867-5309

Like 10
We don’t use country codes to call within the U.S. and Canada anymore (both are +1).

If your main UK number has 10 digits, then the form should accept it without the country code. Understand that they won’t be able to call you from the U.S. without “011-44” if they need you.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Like 2
212-867-5309
Jenny may wonder why she;s getting a raincoat.

A safer dummy number would be (202) 555-1234. 555 is the standard dummy phone number prefix.

Like 6
212-867-5309
Jenny may wonder why she;s getting a raincoat.
At the time that song was written, you didn’t need an area code unless you called long distance.

Funny story, our tax software shows a calculator when computing something and it scrolls “867-5309”. The kids in the office have no clue what it means. A joke for the people of a certain age.

Thread drift over.
gatorcpa

Like 11
Thanks everyone. I’ll give it a go

Like 1
Thanks everyone. I’ll give it a go
Don’t get rid of that Barbour.

Like 1
Thanks guys,

I really appreciate your input and help. I followed the advice and entered a 10 digit number *** *** ****, and the order went through.

I bought an identical coat from the same company or similar, about 10-15 years ago and it is still in very good condition.

My problem is that I’ve dropped a about 2-3 stone since I got it and whenever I get it out it’s so big on me Mrs Spruce tells me it makes me look like a ‘flasher'*. **

Anyway, I’ve now ordered a smaller size and, as you can see, I’m channelling my inner Jim Caviezel ;)

(* 'flasher' UK slang = a man who hangs around parks/ dark streets with the intention of exposing himself to unaccompanied women)

(** Mrs Spruce was joking)

IMG_2554.jpeg

Like 7
I am just finding it extremely ironic that someone in the UK would purchase a raincoat from Los Angeles. I doubt that anyone in LA even owns a raincoat. :D

Like 11
I am just finding it extremely ironic that someone in the UK would purchase a raincoat from Los Angeles. I doubt that anyone in LA even owns a raincoat. :D

it is ironic but classic clothing in the UK can be prohibitively expensive (Burberry/Aquascutum etc) or generally geared to shorter guys than me who want to get a short raincoat (probably come to mid thigh on my 6’2”) or is ‘leisure' wear.

Fine if you’re out trekking, hence my long Barbour (like a Stockman's coat).

But if you want a formal coat to wear over a suit, then the good old US still sells them in all sizes and great prices.

Like 4
Don’t get rid of that Barbour.

I'm certainly keeping that but after 30 years of rough usage (both me and the coat) I sometimes want something a little smarter :)

Like 1
At the time that song was written, you didn’t need an area code unless you called long distance.

Funny story, our tax software shows a calculator when computing something and it scrolls “867-5309”. The kids in the office have no clue what it means. A joke for the people of a certain age.

Thread drift over.
gatorcpa

Had a training course at work the other week and needed to put a dummy name and number into the system
867-5309 was the number picked :D Only myself and the boss got it and started singing it :unsure:

Like 7
I hope their products are of better quality than their spelling/proofing.
;)
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 10.51.44.png

Like 1
Please share a few photos of raincoat wrist-shots when you received it.

Like 2
Please share a few photos of raincoat wrist-shots when you receive it.

I'll try and remember to post it on 'And what did you buy today (not watches or related) ;)