Forums Latest Members
  1. PC60 Sep 7, 2019

my clasp On my 70’s omega constellation keeps popping open advise greatly appreciated.

2. Walrus Sep 7, 2019

You may have the same problem I had. One of the clasps was bent and wouldn’t lock in properly. If you look sometimes the part of the clasps break over time. You just need to replace one part it’s not a major deal. I’m probably not explaining it to well but if you put up a picture of the issue you will get a better diagnoses.

3. OmegaFan503 Sep 7, 2019

You might be also able to fix it by SLIGHTLY bending the inner clasp folds. What is probably happening is that the lip part is not catching the togue part anymore.

So if you push the inner clasp fold in a way that brings the lip "closer" to the togue part to might work. A slight nudge is all you need.

Dan S likes this.
  4. PC60 Sep 7, 2019

Thankyou

5. PC60 Sep 7, 2019

Thankyou

6. Walrus Sep 7, 2019

No problem. Same thing happened to me. See if everything is the same on that one clasp. Sometimes one of the “teeth” will break off. If so that bend will be a good hold but picking up that piece is relatively easy on esty or one of those sights. I hope my non technical jargon is of help

7. OmegaFan503 Sep 7, 2019

No problem and good luck!