Forums Latest Members
  1. JamesBen Apr 4, 2021

I have an Aqua Terra. Some idiot (me) has polished the brushed side of the case trying to get a scratch out. This has removed the brushed finish and made it a smooth polish on part of the side. Can this be fixed?

2. wagudc Apr 4, 2021

It can be re brushed, but leave it to a professional. You don't want to be that kid who cuts their own hair and ends up bald, because they keep making mistakes trying to fix their previous mistake.

Edited Apr 6, 2021
    Ralvari, stevec14, RPC and 3 others like this.
  3. Toad Cottonheadedninnymuggins Apr 4, 2021

I’ve had good success with polishing sand paper. The 30 micron is green in color and recreates the brushed pattern as long as you are really careful to brush only in the direction of the brushed grain...

4. gbesq Apr 4, 2021

It can also be done with a moistened Scotchbrite pad. Rub ONLY with the grain. If in doubt, let a professional do it.

JamesBen likes this.
  5. Dan S Apr 4, 2021

The challenge is making the brushing really straight and even, and perfectly matching the rest of the brushing. It can definitely be done, but it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. There's really no harm in trying it yourself. If you're not happy, you can have it re-done.

JamesBen likes this.
  6. Om3ga321 Apr 4, 2021

Photo of your handy work please.

7. rhr321 Apr 4, 2021

Omega service center can probably make it perfect. Bergeon makes satin finish blocks that can probably make it better depending on the size of the area. If it’s the entire side of the watch case, I’d send to Omega... if a minor touch up I might be tempted to try Bergeon block or fiberglass brush first.. The key is you do not want to keep removing metal. I’d probably send it to Omega.

JamesBen and wagudc like this.
  8. JamesBen Apr 5, 2021

Thanks everyone, that's very reassuring!

I am definitely going to let a professional do it this time as I don't trust myself to not make it worse. An expensive lesson but I will never do it again... live and learn!

wagudc likes this.
  9. Hands90 Apr 7, 2021

Please send a photo.
    1. Easily fixable.
    2. I'm in the minority, I prefer polished pieces.

10. Rado63 Apr 7, 2021

without photos I will just guess that yes it would be straightforward fix. Case on flat surface with the appropriate grit to create the brush at the correct perpendicular 90 degree or what ever is the appropriate angle and then move the case along the material and you get the brush. or send to watch maker with proper tools and get it done.

11. afnios1 Apr 11, 2021

pay a pro to do such a think,no regrets

12. amcclell Apr 11, 2021

We really need a photo of your handiwork in order to help you.