Help needed

Hi
A relative has given me a vintage omega to try and have it restored or at least repaired.
Can anyone identify this watch and guide me as to a good repairer Scotland preferably and and any idea on value and whether it is worth rescuing this watch.all help greatly appreciated

Sensible move to join OF and post your relative’s watch and I’ve no doubt that some Scottish members will be able to recommend someone.

That said, apart from sentimental value, the plating is badly worn so the value, to a collector is significantly diminished.

In your situation I’d probably go for a service and a generic replacement crystal so probably £130-150ish

As @Spruce says, a basic service will be around £200, maybe less. If however, you want full on restoration, including replating of the case, that’s a much more involved and costly process.

For the former, I’d recommend Mitka or WatchGuy in the UK. Both have websites. For the latter, STS could do it but I bet you’re getting towards a grand for a full restoration. You could of course send your case away separately then once that works complete, send away for a standard movement service but I don’t have any recommendations for that

Welcome to the forum; the answer depends on the sentimental value of the watch to the giver, and to you.
Or whether it was more like, «hey I’ve got this old thing, see if you’d like it ».
Essentially the service will cost more than the watch is worth spending on. So you should only do it if the watch means a lot.
Otherwise you could just sell it for parts as is, and do something nice with the funds.

I'm sorry to say, but unless it has significant sentimental value, I would not recommend investing anything more in this watch. The case is badly damaged from wear, and the dial is showing some water damage. Obviously, the watch was greatly loved by someone in your family, but its best days are probably behind it.

Just following up on this. Watching Mitka’s latest YouTube video it seems he has a replating company he uses so it’s worth asking him if he could handle to full job.