Forums Latest Members
  1. Mister2kris Oct 21, 2020

ny experts on IWC. About to purchase this watch off a forum member. Just noticed the type may be a bit off... pay particular attention to the numerals on the dial(Slightly more rounded???). Any opinion would be appreciated! Top photo is the watch in question.

E1192AE1-BD51-4AA9-B1F6-AB324BDAFC96.png CAC1DAE5-A389-4B0B-BB4F-EB355DE98E70.png
  2. janice&fred Oct 21, 2020

I don't see the difference between the numerals. Bear in mind you are looking thru an old acrylic crystal as well.

Benbradstock and Mister2kris like this.
  3. Dan S Oct 21, 2020

I would be focusing more on the logo printing than the numbers.

Mister2kris likes this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 21, 2020

Better photos would be needed to form a confident opinion, but I suspect that it is original. It is earlier than the one that you used for comparison, and IWC used different dial contractors during different periods. In other words, original dials will show variances in the signatures.

Also, if it were a re-dial, it would be a very old one. And frankly, I doubt very much that an effort would have been made to re-create the reference to the store, the name of which is on dial, or the INCA, which of course was an early reference to Incabloc shock absorbers.

Occam's razor leads me to believe that it is likely original, but if you can provide better photos, please do.

5. Mister2kris Oct 21, 2020

Thanks everyone for your replies! I do feel more confident now. As for the IWC logo, the seller sent me zoomed in pics and I’m confident it it original. Vintage watch collecting has made me quite anal when it comes to purchasing watches lol.

Benbradstock likes this.