Help Needed on 1479 Bracelet

I just got an email from a good friend. He has a 1479 bracelet that’s too short. He went to the local AD, who told him they could order him a couple links. After three months, they told him, “sorry, we were wrong, it’s discontinued.”

Anybody have a clue where to find links for a 1479? I think there’s one on eBay from Italy, but we haven’t found anything closer (we’re in the US). Thanks!

I was wondering about that ... in fact, I suggested to my friend that he buy a couple. One thing I notice is that the Omega 1479 uses pins and collars, while the US 1479 uses pins only. Does that make any difference as far as interchangeability is concerned?
I wouldn’t think so. Otherwise, how could Uncle sell any of them if they weren’t compatible?

Good question. His page says, "Need extra links for your Omega US1479 bracelet?" So I assumed that he's selling extra links for his 1479 bracelet, not generic links to fit Omega's 1479 bracelet. But it's far from clear (at least, not to me).

Good question. His page says, "Need extra links for your Omega US1479 bracelet?" So I assumed that he's selling extra links for his 1479 bracelet, not generic links to fit Omega's 1479 bracelet. But it's far from clear (at least, not to me).
Good thought. You can always contact them and inquire.

I needed to exchange a half link for a full link in a titanium 1504 bracelet a few years ago. I went on eBay and bought a used one and some pins and collars. Swiss Watch Spares also had what I needed at the time. EBay was a bit cheaper.