Help identifying a vintage Omega

This watch used to belong to my grandfather and according to my father, it was purchased in the early 50s in Rio de Janeiro / Brazil.

According to some quick research I made it seems to be a Omega Teddington 18K with a red star. Can this be confirmed? How hard to find is this watch?

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

Aftermarket bracelet, but being 18k gold it has value for sure. Watch dial isn't too clear but I don't see anything that gives me pause as to authenticity. Don't try to open the case yourself - looks like it is 18k too and easily damaged.

How hard to find is this watch?
Don't you already have the watch? IIRC, "Teddington" is a term used for the Brazilian market watches with the red star. So, it looks like you have already found one, as long as it is legit.

Please post some better photos of the dial with the hands moved so that they don't obscure the printing. Also, open it and show photos of the movement and of the markings inside the case-back.

Anyway as a point of view rarity not allways make the watch more desirable or valuble..

Looks to be a custom case. Imported movements and cases made to fit

Have a watchmaker open it and see what information (if any) is on the inside back and caliber

Bracelet is an add on, but has value

You probably intend to wear this heirloom, so enjoy it in good health even though it is not 100% legit.