Forums Latest Members

Help Finding Genuine Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Leather Strap and Deployment Clasp

1. jwoods Oct 5, 2020

My wife purchased an Aqua Terra 150m Seamaster Co Axial 41.5 as a wedding present two years ago.

I'm looking to replace the metal strap from my model for the brown leather / alligator strap with a deployment clasp from this model. Does anyone know where I can purchase the genuine strap and deployment clasp from? And does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost?

I've phoned my local Omega store but they want me to leave the watch with them to find a strap which seems excessive - is this normal?

2. connieseamaster Oct 5, 2020

In pre-Covid times, I brought a watch in to an Omega boutique to find another link for the bracelet. The sales rep looked up the bracelet number right then and ordered the link. So yes, leaving the watch there when you can provide the reference number and they have access to a parts database does seem excessive.

jwoods and mr_smith like this.
  3. mr_smith Oct 5, 2020

Seems strange to me, but I suppose the different stores might have different operating procedures? Similar to @connieseamaster I've been able to have the parts I want (links, spring bars, pins, tubes) ordered straight from an Omega Boutique, looked up from the watch reference number. In my case it was by e-mail - never had to take the watch in, let alone leave it with them. They offered to mail the parts once they got them in too.

jwoods likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 5, 2020

Call any boutique. Don’t call an AD.
    They are not to be found on discount and the OB can ship to you.

jwoods likes this.
  5. SkunkPrince Oct 5, 2020

You can ask a local jeweler if they can order from Omega. Many can. Most Jared, I think?

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 5, 2020

AD’s tend to have no clue on straps. If they even have the catalog I doubt they know where it is.

7. StudebakerHawk Oct 6, 2020

Edited Oct 6, 2020
  8. jwoods Oct 6, 2020

Hi all, thanks for the help. I phoned a local boutique this morning and they have ordered one for me. They said it takes four weeks to ship the strap to the U.K. and it is £620 with a deployment buckle.

StudebakerHawk likes this.
  9. Kbjohn Oct 6, 2020

£620 seem's absolutely crazy?

StudebakerHawk likes this.
  10. connieseamaster Oct 6, 2020

But 100% on par with price quotes I've heard elsewhere. £300 ish for the strap and buckle each.

jwoods likes this.