Help find age of omega seamaster de ville and prove authenticity

Hi,
My grandpa gave me his old watch. Can you help me estimate how old it is and if its original?
The watch is in not working as it was sitting in a safe for over 15 years now and is pretty roughed up. I attached some photos as well

It appears original and maybe 70's, and definitely in roughed up shape. Dial looks badly stained so maybe moisture stopped the movement. Find a local watch maker to open her up for a better assessment of damage.

Could be a 14kt gold bezel and lugs. It would be marked on the edge edge between the lugs

could leave the dial and hands as is or refinish/replace the dial and buy new hands.

Crystal could be polished or replaced.

service the movement

if your not going to use it. Back in drawer. Use it. Maybe $350 to restore if not broken movement parts

It's always hard to tell without good lighting, but it looks gold-capped to me.

As a Heirloom, you don't need collector quality. Change the crystal ( generic, non Omega crystal will be fine ) for around $50 incl. Time and it will look a lot better. Moisture might have come in through the damaged crown seal. Have that replaced. These movements are quite robust, I'd not expect too much damage there . Service needed, if you want to wear it. Every watchmaker can do the required work.

If I remember correctly Omega ended the Seamaster de Ville line in 1967 (the Seamaster was dropped from the name), so that will give you an idea of the latest date. The case number and the movement number will help you narrow down the date further.

If I remember correctly Omega ended the Seamaster de Ville line in 1967 (the Seamaster was dropped from the name), so that will give you an idea of the latest date. The case number and the movement number will help you narrow down the date further.

They were made into the 70's