Help dating a moonwatch "Professional Moonwatch"

Hi

I'm trying to identify the different Moonwatch models and have a question i was hoping someone could help with, do you know when the "Professional Moonwatch" and laser etching got added to the back of the watch? I can see some have it missing, others have coaxial added etc. I'm looking to purchase this model but the seller hasn't provided a lot of info about it.

the seller hasn't provided a lot of info about it.
Hi, he should....
At least the exact reference.
And it would answer all your questions...

If not, try elsewhere. For example here on OF. The sellers will kindly give the infos you need....

Hi

I'm trying to identify the different Moonwatch models and have a question i was hoping someone could help with, do you know when the "Professional Moonwatch" and laser etching got added to the back of the watch? I can see some have it missing, others have coaxial added etc. I'm looking to purchase this model but the seller hasn't provided a lot of info about it.
You need to add more. At the least a shot of the dial. It’s prob just a bog standard model 3570.50 worth maybe $3500 but also it might not.

For your peace of mind, I've taken a photo of my case back. Mine is a 2018 ref 311.30.42.30.01.005. Purchased full set from an AD at an outrageous discount that I'm still proud of 😁

thanks for the replies guys, so it should be >2017. I just wanted a rough idea. Its in the UK and £3090 no box or papers. I've reserved it to go and take a look but it will depend on what trade in they offer for my Breitling.

Why do you think it’s post 2017? As I said above it looks like any Speedy from 1997-2019 really.

Why do you think it’s post 2017? As I said above it looks like any Speedy from 1997-2019 really.
Before 2017, i dont think models had "Professional Moonwatch" on the rear of the case

Before 2017, i dont think models had "Professional Moonwatch" on the rear of the case
You are quite right. I checked with MWO (the bible on Speedies) and that is indeed what they say. Looks like it is recent after all. Not a bad price but if you think you may want to add a bracelet later it is probably cheaper to buy one with one now rather than adding one in as they are expensive, though there are excellent after market alternatives which are much cheaper than the originals.

You are quite right. I checked with MWO (the bible on Speedies) and that is indeed what they say. Looks like it is recent after all. Not a bad price but if you think you may want to add a bracelet later it is probably cheaper to buy one with one now rather than adding one in as they are expensive, though there are excellent after market alternatives which are much cheaper than the originals.

Thanks for checking that for me padders, i didnt know about that book, v interesting.

. Mine is a 2018 ref 311.30.42.30.01.005. Purchased full set from an AD at an outrageous discount that I'm still proud of 😁

Going astray a little....What was the discount?

When I was shopping in 2017, the AD said without me asking,"And we can give a really good price that will make you happy."

Then there was silence, so I offered, "Well, 35% off would make me happy"

He was quite perturbed and answered that 35% off would be below cost. There was no further discussion!

In the end I bought about 1/2 year later at another AD, at 15% off at Christmas time.

When I was shopping in 2017, the AD said without me asking,"And we can give a really good price that will make you happy."

He was quite perturbed and answered that 35% off would be below cost. There was no further discussion!

In the end I bought about 1/2 year later at another AD, at 15% off at Christmas time.
IIRC, the MSRP for a hesalite pro was about 34.5% more than I paid. Cool thing was: since I bought after July 2018, I was one of the lucky people whose warranty was extended to 5 years instead of the longstanding Omega 24 month warranty. Bonus!

1999 by the dial…

but the laser etched logo is what 15 years old now? The first year of the laser etch would be the bottom end.

1999 by the dial…

but the laser etched logo is what 15 years old now? The first year of the laser etch would be the bottom end.

Interesting, what on the dial makes you think 1999?

I thought the “Professional Moonwatch” text only got added in 2017 which was checked earlier in this thread, however the back case could be swapped out I guess? I should get hands on in a few days

Interesting, what on the dial makes you think 1999?

I thought the “Professional Moonwatch” text only got added in 2017 which was checked earlier in this thread, however the back case could be swapped out I guess? I should get hands on in a few days
Tritium dials stopped in 1999

my comment was in response to another comment and specifically way the 97 date was an odd choice in that comment.

yes it is more modern then that. Also the initial picture did not show the modern wording clearly. Oddly no serial number is easy to see but you can see the laser etch

yes it has a more modern caseback.

In September 2017, I purchased a brand new Speedy Pro from Kringkily for $3500 delivered. Untouched, brand new in brown Omega shipping box, stamped warranty cards. That price was nearly a 40 percent discount vs the msrp + the California tax I would’ve had to pay if I purchased from a local AD or Omega boutique. At the time, I couldn’t quite believe I was spending so much money on a watch. Now less than six years later, it seems like one of the greatest deals ever LOL

Had a nice surprise today, while waiting a few days for the watch to arrive at the shop, another pre-owned 42mm Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch came up for sale on the last day of the shops "Watch Sale". Condition looked good, this one had papers but no box and was on a black Omega NATO , It was older (2015) but the price was £390 lower at £2700. I got the call today so went to view the watch thinking the first watch had arrived and it was actually the second watch?. To my surprise it also had the paperwork for a full service at an Omega Service Centre last month. Condition is great, really happy, the NATO isn't bad either 😀

Edited: