Forums Latest Members

Help authenticating Baume and Mercier chrono/diver

1. pseikotick Feb 1, 2020

I cannot find a single photo of any B and M watch that looks anything like this on the interweb, which is usually a bad sign. If any of you are experts or simply know a good bit about the brand, can you please tell me anything about the watch shown? It has a Landeron 248 that is marked B and M. The dial concerns me. And I'm not inclined to think it's just ULTRA RARE. Thanks in advance for any help.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 7.07.13 PM.png

2. JwRosenthal Feb 1, 2020

I know nothing about these, but this looks like a very common 60’s diver/chrono case with a fantasy dial. The “I” next in Mercier is enough to make me run from this one. If it were $50, I would buy it for the movement and case and track down an attractive period correct landeron 248 dial that works in this case and it could make for a nice watch.

pseikotick and janice&fred like this.
  3. janice&fred Feb 2, 2020

looks like a put together like those found in the Philippines. Besides the dial, the bezel insert looks like a cut down Seiko jobbie similar to those modified to fit an old 6217. the numerals are too close to the outer edge. like jaydubbya says, could be a fun watch with some sort of genuine dial installed. lots of vintage original generic swiss watches used the landeron movement so a match up would not be too difficult.

JwRosenthal, Dsloan and pseikotick like this.