Forums Latest Members

Hello guys and gals - Watch8Me2 intro

1. Watch8Me2 Apr 18, 2021

Hi everyone,

I am very excited to be here. I was in the need of a dress watch and was considering a new Tissot Le Locle, but then decided to check out vintage watches. Omega design has been my favorite for a long time, but had not been able to afford any of the new pieces. So I did a little bit of research, probably not enough, but bit the bullet and purchased a circa 1949 Omega cal 344 off of ebay.

I would like to get your feedback on the watch, but will wait to post pictures of it until I get it in my hands.

Cheers y Saludos,
    Alfonso

Foo2rama and wagudc like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 18, 2021

Welcome Alfonso.

For a new watch, Tissot would have been a good choice, but for a vintage one then Omega is a good starting point.
    However, do not disregard Tissot/Longines and similar brands from the vintage era.

Watch8Me2, Foo2rama and wagudc like this.
  3. wagudc Apr 18, 2021

Welcome!

Watch8Me2 and Foo2rama like this.
  4. TexOmega Apr 18, 2021

Glad you found us, welcome.

Watch8Me2 and Foo2rama like this.
  5. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 18, 2021

If the watch you purchased had pictures as part of the listing, copy and paste them here. Very often the first purchase by a new collector is the worst purchase they will make. Post the pics, if the watch is good we'll know pretty quick. If the watch is a disaster, the same.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Watch8Me2 Apr 18, 2021

Thanks guys. @kingsrider, the watch has some issues but I think it's decent. I will attempt to cut and paste the photos later tonight.

wagudc likes this.
  7. Watch8Me2 Apr 26, 2021

Sorry for the very late response, but I ended up returning the watch today. Besides the horrible re-dial job, the watch was listed as being in good working condition, and it was not. For these reasons I was able to get a full refund. So the hunt for my first Omega continues, but I did buy a Waltham, a Seiko high beat, a Skagen and a Lord Elgin. All for practicing watch repair.

Yeah, that's right! Over the weekend, I took a free introductory course for watch repair. Then I signed up for the full course! Fun times ahead no doubt.

Green_P0ison and Foo2rama like this.
  8. iChristos May 8, 2021

Hello Afonso and welcome to you from Brussels !
    Waiting for the pictures.