Hello from a New Member

New Member and longtime Omega admirer here. I just wanted to say "Hello" and thanks for having me. Been a watch wearer most of my life and only recently gained interest in building a more refined collection. I have an appreciation for all watch brands for their own unique qualities, but I have always been especially attracted to Omega.

I am looking to dip my toe into the brand with a vintage piece. From the little I have researched about Omega, the lot I know about my budget, and what appeals to me, I am thinking a Seamaster Cosmic, Constellation, or Deville might suit me.

If you have any recommendations for a great vintage Omega to start a collection inthe $1,000 range, I am all ears. As I believe about anything worth owning, I plan to use it, not just admire it.

Cheers,
Mr. B

Like 11
Hey welcome I think 1k will give you a decent amount if you find a decent seller. I picked up a nice seamaster cosmic for 450 a while ago (sorry it’s at another location no pics) that was probably a little low as I bought a few things of the guy. It’s a fun hunt just go slow as watches don’t run they just kinda sit there and when I rush I make dumb mistakes.

Like 1
Thanks, Walrus for the advice and Spruce for the heads up! That’s a beautiful cosmic and I had my eye on it already I like that look and also like the Cosmics with crosshairs. Difficult (but fun) choices!

Like 1
Also keep watching this thread: dsio deliberately skews the recommendations towards worthwhile pieces that are accessible to relatively new collectors. Welcome!

Like 1
Welcome! If you’re into the case shape of the cosmic then you should also look into C-case Constellations which can be had for under $1000.

IMG_7466.jpeg

Like 3
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay. You may also have a look at the Flightmaster line which offers amazing models. I recently saw a baby Flightmaster posted by a member which should fit on tiny wrists like mine. I didn't check their price range, but won't hurt to check it out. So many choices, hard to choose. Good luck with your hunt.

Welcome, and a lot of great information to be found here for good watches in your budget.