Have you seen it before? UN vintage diver

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you had seen / have information about this watch/model.
I could not find anything remotly close during my research and just for the sake of knowledge I want to find out what it is.

Why would someone try to makeup a watch such as this one ?

Nice Rolex/Tudor hommage ;-) Legit I think. UN also produced a 1:1 copy of the Daytona btw

Nice Rolex/Tudor hommage ;-) Legit I think. UN also produced a 1:1 copy of the Daytona btw

I did realise the hommage vibe of my 10921-8, but I was not expecting them to do that stuff on 'all' Rolex/Tudor's models.
If this is 100% legit , I am not too sure what to think about it anymore... Weird for them to hommage professionnal piece dedicated to Marine/Diving while they still have the most patents in that fields and highly appraised.

A google image search did not give me anything nor a scroll through auction listing website.

I have seen a few variants of these, with different hands and markers.

Weird for them to hommage professionnal piece dedicated to Marine/Diving while they still have the most patents in that fields and highly appraised.

Patents? For marine chronometers, yes, but not their wrist divers. The latter were, to my knowledge, neither innovative, nor of particularly high quality.

At least the one shown features a full steel case, as the one linked was chrome-topped!

I was not expecting them to do that stuff on 'all' Rolex/Tudor's models
Dont think they did all of them but I do think these era was not one UN will be very proud of in hindsight…

Patents? For marine chronometers, yes, but not their wrist divers. The latter were, to my knowledge, neither innovative, nor of particularly high quality.

At least the one shown features a full steel case, as the one linked was chrome-topped!

I thought their thousands of patents where well splitted across marine clocks and wristwatches. Looks like I red their story wrong.

The watch featured in the thread is 43mm without the crown, definitely Sea dweller inspired, which is the first watch that came with the helium valve in 1967 in collaboration with COMEX. This model should then be 70s ish like most of their hommage pieces.

Let's figure it out

Dont think they did all of them but I do think these era was not one UN will be very proud of in hindsight…

They AFAIK now, they did the OP (10921-x), Sea Dweller (if the watch is legit), Daytona (https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-6151305). Not all of them but already too many ?

The watch featured in the thread is 43mm without the crown, definitely Sea dweller inspired, which is the first watch that came with the helium valve in 1967 in collaboration with COMEX.

43mm? I'm skeptical that it is genuine. The one that you characterized as being "similar" was 36mm, and I can find nothing like the one that you have shown. Find one other, and I'll be happy to reconsider.

The one I've handled was definitely 38mm or smaller.

43mm? I'm skeptical that it is genuine. The one that you characterized as being "similar" was 36mm, and I can find nothing like the one that you have shown. Find one other, and I'll be happy to reconsider.

The inside caseback engraving is extremely suspicious. Nothing is straight, consistent even tho vintage isn't always about perfection.

The 'center' dial seems original, perhaps a variant of this other one which is much more similar (https://watchout.co/shop-online/wristwatches/ulysse-nardin-diver-vintage/).
My guess is the dial was cutout to left out the swiss signature outer portion which you can clearly see on the pictures of the thread, it is not stepped, there is literally a gap.
The 'outer' dial has a different shade of black.

They perhaps tried to fit an OG dial to that case which was too small to acommodate the 43mm which they adapted with that 'outer dial'.

Crown is also unsigned.

I don't know enough to say anything about the mouvement or the bezel.

I am almost convinced we won't find another one like this haha

According to Mr Ranfft the diameter of a Felsa 4462 is 26mm. No usable pic to make the calculations above unfortunately